Not open for further replies.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
i got this email after ordering the other day:
Firmware updating is no big deal. That firmware will be the first of many, you will do in regard to your Tazer. As time goes by, you will see firmware updates that give your Tazer more lets say abilities, firmware that corrects glitches (also known as bugs), etc.
Sponsored

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Firmware updating is no big deal. That firmware will be the first of many, you will do in regard to your Tazer. As time goes by, you will see firmware updates that give your Tazer more lets say abilities, firmware that corrects glitches (also known as bugs), etc.
yeah it doesnt bother me just wanted it out there in case someone had issues with theirs.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
yeah it doesnt bother me just wanted it out there in case someone had issues with theirs.
I hear ya ... Anyway, firmware updates, take little effort with big reward usually. A company that keeps tweaking firmware is far far better then a company that does not send out firmware updates to correct quirks.. .quirks are inevitable....

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
So I’ve never used anything like this. There was a previous discussion regarding the use of an engine tuner voiding the factory warranty. The consensus was it does and the dealer can see it when plugging into the module which stores error codes! Would using this void warranties on the UConnect, camera, safety group, etc.?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
So I’ve never used anything like this. There was a previous discussion regarding the use of an engine tuner voiding the factory warranty. The consensus was it does and the dealer can see it when plugging into the module which stores error codes! Would using this void warranties on the UConnect, camera, safety group, etc.?
Well, for starter's, I would not consider this an "engine tuner".

Reality is, it is just a device that allows you to turn on and off existing settings on the JL.

Some of these settings the dealership will change for you, with their computer, for a fee.

Another couple of settings the dealer will not change because of laws, etc.. Example to set-up GPS so you can enter data while driving. Turning off TPMS sensors....

UNLESS @BumpyTrail opens up his big mouth and tells someone at the dealership he is using a programmer or BumpyTrail rolls into the stealership service department with the Tazer attached to the JL, then stealership will really be clueless that he is using a Tazer. And you also have deniability.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Well, for starter's, I would not consider this an "engine tuner". Reality is, it is just a device that allows you to turn on and off existing settings on the JL.

UNLESS @BumpyTrail opens up his big mouth and tells someone at the dealership or BumpyTrail rolls into the stealership service department with the Tazer attached to the JL, then stealership will really be clueless that you are using the Tazer. And you also have deniability.

Yeah, this isn't really a tuner, and just take it out before bringing it into service. I doubt there will be a problem.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, for starter's, I would not consider this an "engine tuner". Reality is, it is just a device that allows you to turn on and off existing settings on the JL.

UNLESS @BumpyTrail opens up his big mouth and tells someone at the dealership or BumpyTrail rolls into the stealership service department with the Tazer attached to the JL, then stealership will really be clueless that you are using the Tazer. And you also have deniability.

Easy FatAss01! I was Just asking a question. No need for the angry response.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, this isn't really a tuner, and just take it out before bringing it into service. I doubt there will be a problem.
Thank you for your civilized response. My concern was there would be something stored on the FCA firmware the dealership could see and cause an issue.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Easy FatAss01! I was Just asking a question. No need for the angry response.
Me no gots a "FatAss". You are reading into my post you old fart! I took the time to explain to you. Sorry my wording irked you..

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@FatBoy01 Go ahead and call your mother a Big Mouth and see if you don’t get smacked!

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Go ahead and call your mother a Big Mouth and see if you don’t get smacked!
Well, all kidding aside, you read into my post. I made the mistake of talking to you in gest... like I'd talk to my Son's or a friend. Regardless, I tendered pertinent, spot on info like I usually do. Suggest you re-read my post and drive away knowing you learned something.. And my ass ain't fat!

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, all kidding aside, you read into my post. I made the mistake of talking to you in gest... like I'd talk to my Son's or a friend. Regardless, I tendered pertinent, spot on info like I usually do. Suggest you re-read my post and drive away knowing you learned something.. And my ass ain't fat!
I may have taken it too harshly. One thing about everyone on this forum is we are all passionate and frustrated with somethings at the moment. I would like to officially JeepWave as I drive away.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Cargo camera is probably like a front bumper camera input to see approach or maybe even an undercarriage camera? Could come in handy
So, this same UConnect system is available on the Dodge RAM pickups, and for that platform, there is an option to have a second camera mounted in the CHMSL that faces down into the bed of the truck.

The Jeep does not have anything connected to this, but as @Mattyp1214 stated, it might be need to find where that second camera would interface with the harness and then use the Tazer to enable the input to your factory UConnect system. If it were me, I might mount the camera under my chassis so I could see approad angles from under the Jeep. You would also then need a toggle switch mounted somewhere to tell UConnect to switch between the inputs.

I think someone will eventually come up with an aftermarket kit for this. It would be practical (except when the camera gets covered with snow or mud...).

Google "ram uconnect cargo camera" and you can find some links.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too bad this wasn’t released when Jeep originally announced the Off-road weren’t coming for the 2018 MY. They could’ve named their price if they had come up with a work around! Haha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.