Tazer (Programmer) for the JL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How does a programmer alternate axle gear ratios and change 4wd lo gear ratios when your axles and TC low only have one ratio?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I understand this would be interesting to some that did not opt for the blind spot monitoring. I know there is an option to turn that beep warning on and off. Without the mirrors however I would think having that beep every time a vehicle is next to you on a highway would get pretty annoying.
No, the light in the mirror goes on every time a vehicle is beside you. The beep only happens when a vehicle is beside you AND you signal.

I seem to recal you have to turn the beep on in the uconnect settings.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
No, the light in the mirror goes on every time a vehicle is beside you. The beep only happens when a vehicle is beside you AND you signal.

I seem to recal you have to turn the beep on in the uconnect settings.
I did not realize it only beeps if you use your turn signal. Well nobody here in the North East will hear the beep because most don't bother with that pesky turn signal.... :cwl:

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
How does a programmer alternate axle gear ratios and change 4wd lo gear ratios when your axles and TC low only have one ratio?
The programmer doesn't change your gears. It lets you tell the computer if you've physically changed your gears.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Oh I did haha
@matto

I predict... that this thread will see more, lets call it, traffic then most any other thread on this forum.

I'm in hopes that you, and all those that purchase the Tazer JL Programmer/Light Show, will take the time to post info like:
  • Purchase info (example: It is prudent to buy the $20 extended 2 yr warranty)
  • Initial set-up info
  • Firmware #
  • Firmware related issues
  • Hints
  • Shortcomings or missing info in the Tazer User Manual
  • Do's
  • Caveats/Warnings (don't do this or....)
  • Quirks
  • Your day to day experience IF you leave the SGW module and Tazer plugged in all the time
  • Your 1st hand experiences in regard to what you turned on and off with the Tazer

For sure there will be a learning curve in regard to this terrific offering!

All those that are setting up / using the device can be very helpful to each other if they come here, hash out things they discover, things that they have implemented and such.

I for one am looking forward to reading, .... consuming info in this thread daily.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting on the Pro-Cal, but will be watching the Tazer closely. It has a couple features the Pro-Cal won't have, like the Nav input while moving.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Hints I can give without having yet acquired the Tazer JL Programmer/Light Show:
  1. Read the Tazer User Manual in full before purchasing the Tazer JL
  2. Buy the $20 extended warranty!
  3. When taking your JL to the dealer always remove the SWG Module and the Tazer JL Module before you get to the dealership. Do not tell anyone at the dealership that you are using such a device! Dealer will have no way to tell that you are, so absolutely, do not tell them!
  4. As your tires wear down, do check speedometer readout accuracy in comparison to a MPH app. Adjust tire size with Tazer as needed, to get speedo displaying proper MPH.

Last edited:

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Radio menu:
Disable Backup camera
Enable Cargo Camera input
Enable CD audio input
Disable TravelLink (weather warnings included)

I wonder what the cargo camera is
Cargo camera is probably like a front bumper camera input to see approach or maybe even an undercarriage camera? Could come in handy

Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, "free" guage light staring you in the face when you disconnect that switch.
I did the battery monitor instead. Since the warning light is above the amber fuel gauge, I don’t notice it

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hypertec will have on out. The came to 4wp, downloaded program and corrected wheel size and more

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. They did a upload out of the JL then downloaded a program to correct the new tire size but were working on more. Did at 4WP in Coppell

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Cargo camera is probably like a front bumper camera input to see approach or maybe even an undercarriage camera? Could come in handy
Could also be for the JT - the idea of a camera to keep an eye on stuff in my cargo bed has come to me many times when I’ve been hauling stuff in my pickup... I’m pretty handy with a truckers hitch and a tie down, but I’m also paranoid ;-)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.