SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
In summary my latest state is;

1. I installed firmware 11.2.5 again, left the JL Mini installed but did not change any settings.

2. I sent a message to ZAutomotive via their contact webpage.

3. I will leave the Tazer JL Mini married but will not change any settings. Hoping the TMPS screen 2 will reappear again.
Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Just an update - I feel like a total idiot. I just had to scroll right on page 2 of the instrument cluster display until the TPMS per wheel is selected on screen. Face palm for me 🤦🏼

jlurd77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Have question regarding my Tazer issue.

I've installed the Tazer Mini JL on my rig and married it. Did some updates and rebooted it. Verified the updates and it was all good.

Haven't use the jeep for a week but now I can't get into the 'Vehicle Settings Menu'. When key is on RUN mode (engine not running) and I press the Right Arrow + Cancel Button, this takes me to the 'COOLDOWN MODE' menu. Anybody knows how to I can get this back to the 'Vehicle Settings Menu'? Thanks in advance!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

When key is on RUN mode (engine not running) and I press the Right Arrow + Cancel Button, this takes me to the 'COOLDOWN MODE' menu. Anybody knows how to I can get this back to the 'Vehicle Settings Menu'? Thanks in advance!
Did you scroll down to the Audio menu first?

Use the up down arrows in the left side of the steering wheel to scroll to Audio. Then use the left arrow + cancel button to scroll through the Tazer menus.

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For those new to or having issues with their Tazer, here’s a great video detailing how to use it and scroll through the menus, etc.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Have question regarding my Tazer issue.

I've installed the Tazer Mini JL on my rig and married it. Did some updates and rebooted it. Verified the updates and it was all good.

Haven't use the jeep for a week but now I can't get into the 'Vehicle Settings Menu'. When key is on RUN mode (engine not running) and I press the Right Arrow + Cancel Button, this takes me to the 'COOLDOWN MODE' menu. Anybody knows how to I can get this back to the 'Vehicle Settings Menu'? Thanks in advance!
It’s left arrow…

steverj64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
So I'm new to this Tazer thing. If there's a problem and we're directed to unmarry, then remarry the system for a reboot, Must we fully disconnect the ZMini, return vehicle cables to stock location, then reconnect and remarry the Z? My issue is with an intermittent locker function in 2 and 4 Hi.

Sponsored

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
@JeepinJason

Over the last 3 years, most guys here have ranted very very positively about Joe's, text support of the Tazer JL.

Joe is very quick to respond to texts...

Personally, I prefer texts over emails...

ZAutomotive is a very small operation so he can't just answer the phone and give support... Often he is programming... deep chitt into a firmware thing and well, can't stop all and answer the phone.

Also, was mentioned prominently in the ad for the refurbs.... that there may be an issue and to be aware of that prior to purchase..

Reality is new or used unit, chitt can happen... a DOA unit, etc... I know, ZAutomotive, sold over 116 Mini refurbs and a bunch of original Tazer JL refurbs and so far you are only the 2nd to post here having an issue with the refurb.

Anyway, my comments are mine as what I just said is not from Joe at ZAutomotive... It is a shame you got a bad unit but chitt happens..... get with Joe and he will get youy going..

DO text Joe and get the help you need.. TEXT, Joe at 631-533-3363
Do not call the #. Text only. Joe will get you squared away fast via text.... undoubtedly way way faster then by emailing back and forth.
I will be the 3rd to post having an issue with a refurb Tazer JL Mini. Ordered on 2/18/21, shipped to me on 2/22/21, so I am just barely outside of 1 year. Luckily I spent the extra $20 for the 2 year warranty. It started acting up in mid January, but was on a road trip and thought it best to wait till I got home to deal with it. Currently going through the email tech support dance, to be continued tomorrow (I hope). Love my Tazer Mini, hard to say if it's worth the savings buying a refurb though.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I will be the 3rd to post having an issue with a refurb Tazer JL Mini. Ordered on 2/18/21, shipped to me on 2/22/21, so I am just barely outside of 1 year. Luckily I spent the extra $20 for the 2 year warranty. It started acting up in mid January, but was on a road trip and thought it best to wait till I got home to deal with it. Currently going through the email tech support dance, to be continued tomorrow (I hope). Love my Tazer Mini, hard to say if it's worth the savings buying a refurb though.
@gm920

Regardless of new or refurb, electronic devices can chitt the bed.

So you are the "3rd" you say to have an issue with a refurb Tazer JL Mini.... ZAutomotive has sold many, many, many.... so 3, a few to chitt the bed, is no big deal....is to be expected.

I always recommend whether you buy a refurb or not, to always pay the $20 and get the extended warranty on the Tazer JL.

You have the warranty and I am very confident that ZAutomotive will honor that warranty. Never heard ZAutomotive/Joe not honoring a valid/current warranty.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@gm920

Regardless of new or refurb, electronic devices can chitt the bed.

So you are the "3rd" you say to have an issue with a refurb Tazer JL Mini.... ZAutomotive has sold many, many, many.... so 3, a few to chitt the bed, is no big deal....is to be expected.

I always recommend whether you buy a refurb or not, to always pay the $20 and get the extended warranty on the Tazer JL.

You have the warranty and I am very confident that ZAutomotive will honor that warranty. Never heard ZAutomotive/Joe not honoring a valid/current warranty.
@Rhinebeck01
It was not my intent to do any ZAutomotive bashing, and I don't think it reads that way. Just putting the info out there as to what is happening with my refurbed Tazer Mini. I have been very happy with my Tazer and have texted Joe in the past with questions and received a prompt response. I am also confident this will be resolved. Yesterdays firmware recovery and current firmware reload was no help, waiting for tech support this morning.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big thank you to Ian S. and Scott R. @zautomotive MyTazer mini is operational once again, it was a simple fix, it had somehow become deactivated. What is not so simple is the email tech support, the people are very competent, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, all of the things tech support should be. I get the impression that most if not all support questions go to one person and it's easy to get lost in the email queue. Took from Monday afternoon till Thursday morning for the fix, I was busy with other things myself, so not a big deal, but requests for additional information went unanswered on Tuesday and Wednesday. The tazer is a great product and I recommend it every chance I get.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Figured I would post here rather than start a new thread....I am having an issue with my tazer mini after I tried updating it..

The tazer flashes red and green all the time but it still won't show up on my laptop/ in the utility app. Just blinks red/green a few times and then nothing. Afterwards I tried connecting to my jeep and it does the same thing just flashes red and green but still no actual connection. Any fixes for this? I have contacted Z auto but so far just a text with the fix my tazer instructions.

The recovery function on the utility app does not do anything
Sponsored