NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure the horror stories from Ram Truck owners in never ending.
The only problem that I remember having with mine over its 14 years was due to their idiotic decision to use soy (i.e. food-based) insulation on the electrical wiring. That ends up attracting various rodents (the bushy tailed ones that some people find "cute" and the other ones that most people agree are truly vermin). Dodge wasn't the only manufacturer to make that mistake though.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I know there’s no logical reason to pay 45k on an off-road vehicle when it’ll probably only go off-road 5% of the time.
Sounds like you figured it out with your first post . Off-road vehicles are for off-roading .

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you figured it out with your first post . Off-road vehicles are for off-roading .
Well, tell that to all the "Mall-Rated" JLU owners out there... :)

OP
OP
SOON

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Make sure you look into some of the threads on hear about dealers that are giving 6% below invoice when getting your prices! They are legit and many members have taken advantage of the deals! I know I am!
I’m in Southern California. Just outside Los Angeles. Best I’ve seen around me is 10% off MSRP. Which isn’t bad at all. A lot of people are talking about a dealer in Vegas that’s offering 6% below invoice but that’s might be a bit further than I’d like to travel.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I’m in Southern California. Just outside Los Angeles. Best I’ve seen around me is 10% off MSRP. Which isn’t bad at all. A lot of people are talking about a dealer in Vegas that’s offering 6% below invoice but that’s might be a bit further than I’d like to travel.
If you buy out of state , the first question you need to ask is whether your out of state purchase will be covered by the California Lemon Law ?

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you buy out of state , the first question you need to ask is whether your out of state purchase will be covered by the California Lemon Law ?
Many people don't particularly care where their citrus is grown, especially the lemons. :)

I will admit that I prefer the California oranges to the Texas ones though since they are more tart / sour. My wife prefer the Texas ones since she wants oranges to be sweet.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Well, tell that to all the "Mall-Rated" JLU owners out there... :)
Well , they are good at spending money to make the mall stores rich , so they may as well spend money to make Signor Marachino rich .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Many people don't particularly care where their citrus is grown, especially the lemons. :)
Yep , it would be ironic to buy a lemon in Idaho , have California say sorry no lemon law for you , and then return to Idaho to find they have taken your money to Nevada to lose it gambling . Your out of state money would have made the rounds . And you would be walking home through the badlands .

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
So... do you realize that a Sahara is still less expensive than a Rubicon right? 4 door to 4 door the Rubi is the more expensive model. Also a fully optioned out Sport S will easily exceed a fully standard Sahara. In fact I bought my Sahara for about the same as the Sport S I was going to order.
Same happened to me. I bought the Sahara and LOVE it! It was the perfect Wrangler for us. Paid $43,500 for it with everything but leather and and painted hardtop. We're going to buy another in three years. Once a Jeep Wrangler, always a Wrangler.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
That ends up attracting various rodents (the bushy tailed ones that some people find "cute" and the other ones that most people agree are truly vermin).
Undoubtedly vermin. This coming from a guy who loved his pet rats. I'd take my rats any day over those fluffy tailed fiends.

Well , they are good at spending money to make the mall stores rich , so they may as well spend money to make Signor Marachino rich .
Worth remembering that our "mall rated" friends are the reason we can buy jeeps. If it weren't for "truck-bros" and "soccer moms" there wouldn't be enough volume to justify Wrangler's continued existence. Evidence Bronco (who do you really think Ford is expecting to buy the new one, enthusiasts or the masses?), Mercedes G-class, and Land Cruiser (military vehicles elsewhere, now only sold in ultra-luxury trim in the US). We owe these mall-rated jeeps for keeping the body-on-frame-on-two-sticks alive, when everybody else has given it up (even the G has IFS now).

Off-road your rig and love it. But when you pass some suburban crawler, don't look down on it (unless you have a huge lift). Instead give the five finger salute and thank them for keeping the Wrangler alive.

:captain: :flag: :jk:

Sponsored

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
I know there’s no logical reason to pay 45k on an off-road vehicle when it’ll probably only go off-road 5% of the time. HELP ME!!! Lol!
I’ve been starting to lean towards the new 2019 Ram 1500.
If you go off road 5% of the time, that's like 18 days a year. That's quite a bit, 9 weekends a year, so yeah it makes sense.

I dd my rubicon, it gets 21mpg on my normal commute and is quite comfortable, has quite a bit of interior room to haul the family, and can tow my airstream. I have a pickup as well, but I've driven it once in the 8 weeks since I got the jeep and could easily be replaced with a utility trailer. So it's fairly practical. Maybe you don't need 45k worth, but I managed to get mine stuck, lockers and all, so I apparently need it and then some.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Gender is binary... You are either a 1 or a 0. It's really pretty simple... Get undressed... Look between you legs... If you see a '1', you're male... If you see a '0', you're female... If you see neither, you either need to lose some weight or you need to mow... :)
LOL! I have a feeling that is a joke that would you hear in the Navy (although I am sure that jokes has been cleaned up alot).

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure the horror stories from Ram Truck owners in never ending.
No horror stories here. Only reason I traded in my Ram was the need for something smaller, IE my new Jeep that has virtually the same footprint as my wife's Accord.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL! I have a feeling that is a joke that would you hear in the Navy (although I am sure that jokes has been cleaned up alot).
Actually, it's something I came up with somewhat recently (probably within the couple of years) when you started hearing all the nonsense of people claiming there were more than 2 genders / sexes and that they didn't have to match biological equipment. People were just saying "gender is binary, you are either male or female". I thought it would be funnier to change that to what binary is truly about -- 1s and 0s -- and I later changed it to give a provision for if a person couldn't determine. My wife says I have a warped sense of humor. I saw she has *no* sense of humor.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Actually, it's something I came up with somewhat recently (probably within the couple of years) when you started hearing all the nonsense of people claiming there were more than 2 genders / sexes and that they didn't have to match biological equipment. People were just saying "gender is binary, you are either male or female". I thought it would be funnier to change that to what binary is truly about -- 1s and 0s -- and I later changed it to give a provision for if a person couldn't determine. My wife says I have a warped sense of humor. I saw she has *no* sense of humor.
I think it was the joke, along with looking at the old wrinkled Popeye in your profile pic that made it even funnier.
Sponsored