Getting Back into a Wrangler

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I had an early JL.. made in March. It was a great vehicle, but what drove me away was all the frame issues. My frame looked worse than a lot of the ones that were posted and had recall work done, but because I wasn't in the recall window, Jeep wouldn't do anything.

So between that and some other minor things, I got rid of it and thought I'd look back in a few.

Well it's been a year now and I really miss being in a Wrangler.

Has jeep resolved the frame issue at all? Also, has the Android Auto issue where it starts to yellow been resolved? Does the Sport S still have the rear LSD?

It doesn't seem like too much has changed in the year.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I had an early JL.. made in March. It was a great vehicle, but what drove me away was all the frame issues. My frame looked worse than a lot of the ones that were posted and had recall work done, but because I wasn't in the recall window, Jeep wouldn't do anything.

So between that and some other minor things, I got rid of it and thought I'd look back in a few.

Well it's been a year now and I really miss being in a Wrangler.

Has jeep resolved the frame issue at all? Also, has the Android Auto issue where it starts to yellow been resolved? Does the Sport S still have the rear LSD?

It doesn't seem like too much has changed in the year.

Thanks for the help!
I had a May 2018 build and haven’t had any issues with it. The welds on my frame looked good, but there was slag on some areas of it. It hasn’t gotten any worse over the past year.

As far as Android Auto and Apple Carplay, I know Carplay just got a big update through Apple, so I expect Android is updating there’s as well. There were minimal bugs on my Carplay, but they were fixed once I updated my phone.

I don’t know about the Sport S having the LSD. Some stuff has been changed and updated with new part numbers. I never had any issues with mine, but I’ve updated some things just because they were better.