Sun Visor Broken

Nicki14dw

First Name
Nicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My 2019 Wrangler Unlimited...not even a year old. Passenger side sun visor fell off mid turn into my apartment complex. Got it fixed at the local dealership. Today, the driver's side sun visor fell off when I opened the door. Opened the door. This is ridiculously annoying and I'm again having to schedule an appointment with the dealership. I hope Jeep contacts is regarding this defect. I'm a proud Jeep owner but the 2019 needs some fine tuning.

IMG_20200621_115526.jpg

IMG_20200621_115532.jpg
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My 2019 Wrangler Unlimited...not even a year old. Passenger side sun visor fell off mid turn into my apartment complex.
Hi Nicki, I'm curious. Do you often turn your visor around to the side?

Thanks,
Johnny

Benagi

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Our 2018 wrangler sport wasn’t even a week old. The wife went to move the passenger side sunvisor to the right blocking the sun coming in the passenger window. That’s when it snapped and almost fell in our lap.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
This is happening to my Jeep too! I bought my Jeep at the end of 2018. My driver visor was falling apart and I replace it in 2019. Now in 2020, the driver visor is falling again! Now I need to look for the replacement AGAIN!

I have the passenger visor if anyone needs it. I bought the visor as a pair but only needed the driver side
Why are you buying visors. It's covered under warranty.

Nicki14dw

First Name
Nicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Nicki, I'm curious. Do you often turn your visor around to the side?

Thanks,
Johnny
Sadly no. The car was sitting for 4 days prior to the drivers side debacle. I have a sunshield that I leave in my window but it does not require the movement from closed position to blocking the drivers/passenger side windows...

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Sadly no. The car was sitting for 4 days prior to the drivers side debacle. I have a sunshield that I leave in my window but it does not require the movement from closed position to blocking the drivers/passenger side windows...
Oh well, since I never rotate my visor to the side I was hoping that this was one potential problem that wouldn't become a real one.

Later,
Johnny

Nicki14dw

First Name
Nicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My passenger side visor just broke. I’d say it’s a problem.
Was told by the dealer that they are on 9th version in an attempt to come up with a solution. Thankfully I was still under warranty...good luck man!

jeepis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (2019 JL)
Add me to the list. 9months old 9000 miles and was taking off freedom panels today and this happened on the passenger side.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Was told by the dealer that they are on 9th version in an attempt to come up with a solution. Thankfully I was still under warranty...good luck man!
I’m only at 11k so I’m under warrant. How hard can it be to engineer a sun visor? Apparently the last 2 words at the sun visor meeting were “ fuck it “.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'll post this again. If you're out of warranty or just a DIY guy that doesn't want to go to a dealer for a visor replacement that will fail again, here's a link to a repair I came up with. It costs a few bucks and mine has lasted since the beginning of the year. I have been purposely using my repaired visors a little rough and flipping them around to the side when the sun is on the side. It's holding up. My repair uses a push on retainer, but another member chose to use a setscrew type collar. I prefer the push on retainer because I believe it has a much stronger retention.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
my passenger side went a week ago and driver side yesterday. Less than 4K miles on my 2019 sahara. Going in Tuesday for passenger side seat bracket warranty work. Will have them look at visors as well.

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my passenger side went a week ago and driver side yesterday. Less than 4K miles on my 2019 sahara. Going in Tuesday for passenger side seat bracket warranty work. Will have them look at visors as well.
Replaced mine under warranty. No questions asked.

toeshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Replaced mine under warranty. No questions asked.
Was that passenger or driver, and if driver, with or without garage door buttons? My driver’s side with the buttons broke in January and my dealer is telling me it’s still on back order.

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was that passenger or driver, and if driver, with or without garage door buttons? My driver’s side with the buttons broke in January and my dealer is telling me it’s still on back order.
Both and drivers with remote.
Sponsored