Sun Visor Broken

Rishsd

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I just finished filing a report on the NHTSA website re. these visors, as one of the forum members had suggested. It only took me about 10 mins. My impression from this forum is that Jeep will only replace the crappy part, which will break again as soon as the visors are swiveled out of their mounts. Maybe if the number of reports at the NHTSA website pile up, NHTSA may force Jeep to issue recall and offer a long term fix.
I did as well.
Sponsored

HulkSmash

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Add mine to the list of broken sun visors. Bought my 2019 JLU Sport S in September and two days after owning it the driverā€™s side visor dropped. I pushed it back in and it seemed to be fixed so I thought. Then about two weeks ago the passenger side did the same thing. Last night driving to dinner the driverā€™s side broke and was hanging. Finally got home and zip tied it up. Took Jeep into dealership today to get both visors fixed. Unbelievable that for what they charge for these vehicles that something like a sun visitor brakes like a $.05 toy. At least warranty is covering it and Iā€™m not having to come out of pocket for it.

j-isk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4-door JL
HulkSmash,

Don't be surprised that the newly repaired visors will break again as soon as you swivel them out of their latches. Unless Jeep comes up with a long term solution with a more durable part, I would bet that your current replacement will break again like a $0.05 toy.

StrikeTeam41

First Name
Shep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLU Sport S
Here I thought I was crazy when both of mine broke - the passenger side the FIRST time we used it, and shortly after the driver's side. Dealership fixed both of mine under warranty without issue but now I'm waiting for mine to break again...or my wife's.....

j-isk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4-door JL
We understand this is frustrating, j-isk. To clarify, are you still experiencing concerns with your visor that we can look in to? If so, send us a private message.

Kate
JeepCares
Kate/Jeep Cares,

The frustration is not about whether Jeep is willing to repair the visors, but it's about Jeep only giving a temporary Band-aid for each broken visors. It's not a viable long term solution. I will bet that all those folks who've had theirs repaired will soon have broken visors again, as soon as the visors are swiveled out of their latches. It was such a poor design.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Kate/Jeep Cares,

The frustration is not about whether Jeep is willing to repair the visors, but it's about Jeep only giving a temporary Band-aid for each broken visors. It's not a viable long term solution. I will bet that all those folks who've had theirs repaired will soon have broken visors again, as soon as the visors are swiveled out of their latches. It was such a poor design.
Understood, j-isk. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate on any future fixes, I do apologize. However, if you decide to visit the dealer at any time, we're happy to assist.

Kate
JeepCares

fmooneyham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler
I did as well.
I have the same issue. My new Wrangler is a great car, but the sun visor is a horrible and weak design. I have the extended warranty, and trying to get this replaced as I shouldn't have lived with the issue for a few months. This is a safety issue, as it just fell down as I was driving. I am now just trying to get the dealer to get me a new visor, but it looks like this may be a fight.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Our passenger side visor broke a few days ago. I went ahead and removed it so the wire wouldnā€™t short out. When my rear axles come in Iā€™ll have it fixed.

2E5DF78E-0ABC-48B3-9E25-60860DF366E1.jpeg
B97F8EE2-9BA0-4BB6-9D00-07A347D95E71.jpeg

Trail Punisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
My driver side just broke over the weekend, back in November last year my Passenger side broke. The Dealer ordering one up for replacement. Anyone know of a 3rd Party that makes replacements yet?

slewis2452

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Yep this happened to me as well.. Wife went to open the passenger side sun visor and it snapped on the corner. spoke with the dealership and stated that my wife must have pulled it too hard and broke it..... I have less then 6k miles on it, they really need to fix this issue.

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Yep this happened to me as well.. Wife went to open the passenger side sun visor and it snapped on the corner. spoke with the dealership and stated that my wife must have pulled it too hard and broke it..... I have less then 6k miles on it, they really need to fix this issue.
Itā€™s just a crappy design!

I did try gluing it back together, but that didnā€™t work.

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine fixed today, covered under warranty l, took about a week to get the parts in. Once the parts were in I was at the shop 90 minutes max before I was good to go. Hopefully neither of them break in the future. ...Oh, and now I have to go re-sync the garage door buttons.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian

toeshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Just got mine fixed today, covered under warranty l, took about a week to get the parts in.
Mine broke in January and when I called the dealer they said it was back ordered until mid-February. I called today and they said maybe by the end of March. Absurd.

Bee-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Joined the broken visor club this morning! Any aftermarket visors out yet so I don't have to deal with the inept dealership?

IMG_20200225_075953.jpg
Sponsored