gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m all over the place with this one. I’ve purchased a new Steer Smart tie rod, drag link, and brackets to boot. I was planning on sticking with the stock stabilizer, but my goal is tighter steering. A buddy recommended I add a Falcon 2.2, but the first few articles I read mentioned some compatibility issues. What are my options for stabilizers that are compatible with the Steer Smart setup on a non-lifted JLUR? The lift will come once I get all the adjustable aftermarket gear on. I’m taking a phased approach. Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m all over the place with this one. I’ve purchased a new Steer Smart tie rod, drag link, and brackets to boot. I was planning on sticking with the stock stabilizer, but my goal is tighter steering. A buddy recommended I add a Falcon 2.2, but the first few articles I read mentioned some compatibility issues. What are my options for stabilizers that are compatible with the Steer Smart setup on a non-lifted JLUR? The lift will come once I get all the adjustable aftermarket gear on. I’m taking a phased approach. Lol
@Northridge4x4 Any advice here?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
We are working on a solution for this, stay tuned!

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I have installed this system in my jl. I would hold off on the falcon nexus 2.2 until teraflex get a compatible version. I had to covert it my self. I'm guessing you already have SS stabilizer relocation bracket. Just use the stock stabilizer for now, the SS system will smooth out the steering and add some weight to the feel of the steering.

5BE3E2DC-B92F-46E5-829E-81D0F99C94C5.jpeg

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have installed this system in my jl. I would hold off on the falcon nexus 2.2 until teraflex get a compatible version. I had to covert it my self. I'm guessing you already have SS stabilizer relocation bracket. Just use the stock stabilizer for now, the SS system will smooth out the steering and add some weight to the feel of the steering.

Thanks.. That is how I am leaning at the moment...

Sponsored

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter

What kit is that for the stabilizer? Link?

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Thinking about this one. I’m only running 35’s. Anyone see any issues? Will this mount like the stock or have the same issue as the Falcon series SS? @Northridge4x4 https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...-0-performance-series-ifp-steering-stabilizer

Should be like the stock stabilizer. If I were you I would still relocate it to the tierod. Just get a ss bracket and a tierod clamp.

https://steersmarts.com/collections/all-of-our-products/products/jl-stabilzer-relocation-bracket

Here's SS stabilizer

https://steersmarts.com/collections...marts-hd-n-neutral-steering-stabilizer-damper

If you call SS they are good with helping you with what parts you will need to convert the stabilizer.

The reason I would change it is to get it up and out of the way. Way more clearance

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Should be like the stock stabilizer. If I were you I would still relocate it to the tierod. Just get a ss bracket and a tierod clamp.

https://steersmarts.com/collections/all-of-our-products/products/jl-stabilzer-relocation-bracket

Here's SS stabilizer

https://steersmarts.com/collections...marts-hd-n-neutral-steering-stabilizer-damper

If you call SS they are good with helping you with what parts you will need to convert the stabilizer.

The reason I would change it is to get it up and out of the way. Way more clearance
Thanks. I did pick up the bracket. I needed it to move the stock SS. I’m just a bit confused about after market options. The Steersmart SS was not in the running (for one, it’s for the JK and I’m looking for JLUR options). Great advice. Might give them a call

Sponsored

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm having issues with steering that wonders. Is there one solution or am I looking at tie rod ends, drag link, stabilizer, etc.?

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I recently bought this set up.

Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Steer_smarts_JL_HD-N_STEERING_STABILIZER_small.png

JL HD-N Sterring Stabilizer1$84.99
XD_Flex_Steering_Stabilizer_Damper_Bracket_7_small.png

YETI XD Flex Steering Stabilizer / Damper Bracket (1-5/8 Inch Tie Rod)1$95.99
JL_Frame_Side_Trackbar_Reinforcement_Bracket_small.png

YETI XD JL Frame Side Trackbar Reinforcement Bracket1$164.99
_JLU_Stabilizer_Relocation_Bracket_Axle_Side_small.png

YETI XD JL/JLU Stabilizer Relocation Bracket (Axle Side)1$79.99
D_Jeep_JL_Jeep_JT_Adjustable_Front_Track_Bar_small.png

YETI XD JL/JT Adjustable Front Track Bar1$259.99
eep_Wrangler_JEEP_JL_JEEP_JT_Draglink_2018_7_small.png

YETI XD Jeep Wrangler JL/JT Draglink (2018+)Bottom Mount1$429.99
ngler_Jeep_JL_Jeep_JT_1-5-ton_Tie_Rod_2018_3_small.png

YETI XD Wrangler JL/JT 1½-ton Tie Rod (2018+)Rubicon1$429.99

I have not installed it yet (just got it and was gone over the weekend chasing badge of honor trails), but I am sure that everything will work as intended. Why, because this guy is who I consulted with on what to buy. He has done many JL upgrades and is very knowledgeable.

Dr. Deathwobble

He and his dad run one of the best 4x4 shops in the State of Michigan and companies hire him to do custom SEMA builds. Ken Farley Jr. is a super great guy and I have trusted him to do work like re-gearing my JLUR. He also started the Lansing Area Jeep Club and is very helpful to the Jeep community in our area.

We had about an hour or so conversation and he put this package together for me.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I recently bought this set up.

Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart setup, what stabilizer? ngler_Jeep_JL_Jeep_JT_1-5-ton_Tie_Rod_2018_3_small

JL HD-N Sterring Stabilizer1$84.99
Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart setup, what stabilizer? ngler_Jeep_JL_Jeep_JT_1-5-ton_Tie_Rod_2018_3_small

YETI XD Flex Steering Stabilizer / Damper Bracket (1-5/8 Inch Tie Rod)1$95.99

YETI XD JL Frame Side Trackbar Reinforcement Bracket1$164.99

YETI XD JL/JLU Stabilizer Relocation Bracket (Axle Side)1$79.99

YETI XD JL/JT Adjustable Front Track Bar1$259.99

YETI XD Jeep Wrangler JL/JT Draglink (2018+)Bottom Mount1$429.99

YETI XD Wrangler JL/JT 1½-ton Tie Rod (2018+)Rubicon1$429.99

I have not installed it yet (just got it and was gone over the weekend chasing badge of honor trails), but I am sure that everything will work as intended. Why, because this guy is who I consulted with on what to buy. He has done many JL upgrades and is very knowledgeable.

Dr. Deathwobble

He and his dad run one of the best 4x4 shops in the State of Michigan and companies hire him to do custom SEMA builds. Ken Farley Jr. is a super great guy and I have trusted him to do work like re-gearing my JLUR. He also started the Lansing Area Jeep Club and is very helpful to the Jeep community in our area.

We had about an hour or so conversation and he put this package together for me.
Can’t go wrong with yeti.........:like:

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm seeing solutions from $0 (adjusting the steering box) to over $1400 for the parts wilbornz posted. Is all of the $1400 in parts for making the steering more stable? If no, which parts are for this purpose?
Sponsored