gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have another thread going about "what stabilizer I should use" but I have a simpler question.. It seems there are issues with the Falcon SS Options and the Steer Smart (even factory setup) due to some bracket nuances. Does anyone know if I get the Fox SS, if it too has the same bracket issues?
Sponsored

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have this Fox stabilizer. I had the SteerSmarts tie rod and stabilizer relocation bracket installed last weekend. Be aware that the brushing of this Fox stabilizer does NOT fit perfectly into the SteerSmarts relocation bracket without modification. Brett was performing the install for me and was able to shave the stabilizer mounting bushing down a hair to make it a snug perfect fit. It took a little bit of grinding to take off less than 2mm of the end of the bushing. Then it fit perfect and snug with no slop or play. Just be aware of this beforehand

I like both the stabilizer and the tie rod.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have this Fox stabilizer. I had the SteerSmarts tie rod and stabilizer relocation bracket installed last weekend. Be aware that the brushing of this Fox stabilizer does NOT fit perfectly into the SteerSmarts relocation bracket without modification. Brett was performing the install for me and was able to shave the stabilizer mounting bushing down a hair to make it a snug perfect fit. It took a little bit of grinding to take off less than 2mm of the end of the bushing. Then it fit perfect and snug with no slop or play. Just be aware of this beforehand

I like both the stabilizer and the tie rod.
Thanks. Sounds like an option.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. Sounds like an option.
It worked perfectly. I didn’t do it myself, but all you’ll need is a grinder or even a dremel. You don’t have to take off much at all. He was able to do it without pressing the bushing out, just had to be careful not to gouge the cylinder body.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yes. That’s the bracket that’s about 1-2mm too narrow to accommodate the mounting bushing of the Fox SS. Hence the modification.

image.jpg

You can’t really see it in this photo with the SS installed, but there’s a metal bushing inside the rubber that protrudes a couple mm on each end. Had to grind it down just a little. Then it fit like a glove.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Just wanted to share that we were able to get my Fox ATS stabilizer back onto my SS setup (after initially removing it). It required a new countersunk bolt from SS to allow it to attach to the SS clamp instead of the original bracket used by Fox. Its a TIGHT fit, but I like the ATS and stiffness it offers for the damper. Also I re-decaled it in red since the orange was bugging me :)

IMG_2284.jpeg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just wanted to share that we were able to get my Fox ATS stabilizer back onto my SS setup (after initially removing it). It required a new countersunk bolt from SS to allow it to attach to the SS clamp instead of the original bracket used by Fox. Its a TIGHT fit, but I like the ATS and stiffness it offers for the damper. Also I re-decaled it in red since the orange was bugging me :)

IMG_2284.jpeg
Is that stabilizer significantly stiffer than the Fox one I have? Where’d you get the red decals?

Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Is that stabilizer significantly stiffer than the Fox one I have? Where’d you get the red decals?
night and day from the one you have. this one is adjustable and if you go to the stiffer settings its a huge difference, going to the max on the settings is too much even, so it really offers a wide range. I got the decals on eBay, they are made by Fox so super high quality

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X

IMG_2284.jpeg
Are you able to share the parts used to make the ATS work? Is it just the stabilizer, clamp, and mounting bracket (Steer Smarts?)?

I had the ATS initially on my JK before PSC and I loved it. Would like to do the same on the JL, but couldn't imagine mounting it in the OEM location below the tie rod.

Thanks!

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Are you able to share the parts used to make the ATS work? Is it just the stabilizer, clamp, and mounting bracket (Steer Smarts?)?

I had the ATS initially on my JK before PSC and I loved it. Would like to do the same on the JL, but couldn't imagine mounting it in the OEM location below the tie rod.

Thanks!
The only extra part needed was a longer bolt from SS which they sent to my local shop at no charge so I don’t have a part number or link to it. It’s the bolt that connects the ATS to the SS clamp instead of the original ATS bracket

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

paulr

Threads