Steer Smart Setup | Stabilizer ?

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Alright thanks guys for the pictures. Jeeps are interesting.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Geoff , are you still liking those shocks? mine are on the way, what setting did you end up using for highway driving? ....thanks.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Geoff , are you still liking those shocks? mine are on the way, what setting did you end up using for highway driving? ....thanks.
Yeah still using them for sure. I have the front both high and low speed set +1 to the stiffer side and the rear high and low set to the midpoint of each. It seems to be the happy medium for on and Offroad. Really could not tell a difference in +/- 1 way or another but change them all soft or completely hard (rebound) and I def noticed. So rear is on 5/6 and front is 6/7 (DSC low/high).

AZRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
How on earth did you get the Fox bolt removed so that you could use the Stearsmarts bolt? I've broken three 1/4" bits so far because it's not budging. Also, the bolt design looks different than the one that was shown earlier in this thread. Did your Fox bolt have a shoulder on it as opposed to the pan head Steersmarts bolt? @Gdub

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
How on earth did you get the Fox bolt removed so that you could use the Stearsmarts bolt? I've broken three 1/4" bits so far because it's not budging. Also, the bolt design looks different than the one that was shown earlier in this thread. Did your Fox bolt have a shoulder on it as opposed to the pan head Steersmarts bolt? @Gdub
Put one end in a vice, used Allen wrench. It was tight but no so tight it was going to break. It is very similar to the steersmarts bolt from what I recall.

AZRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Put one end in a vice, used Allen wrench. It was tight but no so tight it was going to break. It is very similar to the steersmarts bolt from what I recall.
I got it off but it took a bit of heat. Lots of red loctite. Did yours have a snap ring like this? The bolt won’t slide out so I’m assuming it’s being retained by this assembly.

B58400D2-6ECE-43F2-B5CB-90BA5DAF72DB.jpeg

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I never removed a snap ring. I left the bracket on that attached to the axle, put that piece in the vice. Took out the factory bolt, put in the new steersmarts bolt.
7BF87C73-9369-4E23-BFB8-A33ED0F5DB34.jpeg

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I have the full Steer Smarts steering (Rubi length tie rod, drag link and trackbar) and the Fox 2.0 TS top mounted using the Synergy Stabilizer stud/trackbar bolt and it works great! The picture below is full right turn, to the steering stops, to check for clearance-no issues!

Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart Setup | Stabilizer ? IMG_1560.JPG

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I have the full Steer Smarts steering (Rubi length tie rod, drag link and trackbar) and the Fox 2.0 TS top mounted using the Synergy Stabilizer stud/trackbar bolt and it works great! The picture below is full right turn, to the steering stops, to check for clearance-no issues!

Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart Setup | Stabilizer ? IMG_1560.JPG

That shock and the way it mounts is a little different than the newer one with the remote res. Also depends on which tie rod you are using as to whether or not u need the steersmarts specific mount.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That shock and the way it mounts is a little different than the newer one with the remote res. Also depends on which tie rod you are using as to whether or not u need the steersmarts specific mount.

This is the non-adjustable Fox 2.0 TS and is a current model (at least it was a couple of months ago) and since I would likely use the ATS (adjustable version) on the medium setting, I saw no reason for trying to fit that one in a relative tight space.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
This is the non-adjustable Fox 2.0 TS and is a current model (at least it was a couple of months ago) and since I would likely use the ATS (adjustable version) on the medium setting, I saw no reason for trying to fit that one in a relative tight space.
That’s good, as long as you are happy with it. I had to be all matchy matchy with my shocks.... so that is how I ended up with what I did.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s good, as long as you are happy with it. I had to be all matchy matchy with my shocks.... so that is how I ended up with what I did.

I just have the Fox 2.5 shocks that come with the Mopar lift, no complaints with them. Love the Steer Smarts setup! Took a while to get everything dialed in but now she tracks straight as an arrow and at 85 can (on flat straight road) even take hands off the wheel (only for testing!) and she still goes straight!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The SteerSmarts clamp is sized to work with their tire rod, which is 1-5/8". I went with the whole SS front end treatment and liked that their clamp is a larger 6-bolt design. It's also drilled and tapped to accommodate a hydraulic steering ram, but that option won't work with a through shaft stabilizer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart Setup | Stabilizer ? 20200613_202559

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
The SteerSmarts clamp is sized to work with their tire rod, which is 1-5/8". I went with the whole SS front end treatment and liked that their clamp is a larger 6-bolt design. It's also drilled and tapped to accommodate a hydraulic steering ram, but that option won't work with a through shaft stabilizer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smart Setup | Stabilizer ? 20200613_202559
This is dependent on which tie rod you have from steersmarts?
Sponsored