Start stop not ready question

Leadfoot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If it’s a manual transmission and you go 35 inches or bigger then there’s a driving adaptation procedure to follow, for ESS to be happy.
I can email the procedure if needed.
Joe,
I just had 5.13 gears Installed and the stop start says need service. I also have 37s. I have had the 37s with the 4.10 for 6k miles with no issues but as soon as I regeared the light wont come off.
Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Joe,
I just had 5.13 gears Installed and the stop start says need service. I also have 37s. I have had the 37s with the 4.10 for 6k miles with no issues but as soon as I regeared the light wont come off.
Set the new ratio with the Tazer?
Full reboot, drove the procedure (if manual)?

Went back into tazer settings to make sure the right ratio is still written in?

Windmutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
I bought a 19 Rubicon 2 door. I put 37” tires on the jeep. I used a tazer JL mini. I’ve noticed I constantly see start stop not ready. I unmarried and removed the tazer. I took it to the dealer. They scanned it and said that the computer does not like the tires and I’d have to return the wheels back to stock size to get ess to work. I reinstalled the tazer and married it again. Kill ess option was turned off and I still get the start stop not ready message. Is the 37” tires really the reason for the ess to not work?
Not likely. I have had my Jeep at the dealer 6 times in 6 weeks for the same issue without the modifications. Right now it has been there for its second week with no answers. Obviously, Jeep has a very big issue and does not know how to resolve it.

dusher

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dmitriy.cz
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLRU 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Non-Profit
Clubs

If it’s a manual transmission and you go 35 inches or bigger then there’s a driving adaptation procedure to follow, for ESS to be happy.
I can email the procedure if needed.
could I have this procedure e-mailed to me? I'm in this exact situation w/ 37 tires, lift, and manual transmission.
Sponsored