deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the SB bracket, and after installing, realized it does NOT work with 37s and my wheels with 3.96" back spacing. The rubber isolators are not long enough to reach. I adjusted them all the way out and even put some extra rubber material to cover the gap, but found the spare wobbles top to bottom on even the slightest bump. Not good for the tailgate. I reached out to SB twice and have gotten no response. Not a peep.

I am hoping they offer longer rubber isolators for larger tire applications. If not, mine will be up for sale and I'll go with the Mopar one.

IMG_2023.JPG
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
So I have the SB bracket, and after installing, realized it does NOT work with 37s and my wheels with 3.96" back spacing. The rubber isolators are not long enough to reach. I adjusted them all the way out and even put some extra rubber material to cover the gap, but found the spare wobbles top to bottom on even the slightest bump. Not good for the tailgate. I reached out to SB twice and have gotten no response. Not a peep.

I am hoping they offer longer rubber isolators for larger tire applications. If not, mine will be up for sale and I'll go with the Mopar one.

IMG_2023.JPG
You just need extended tire isolators. Pretty common with aftermarket tires/wheels (and normally needed with relocation brackets).

Take a look at Energy Suspensions offerings on Amazon.

Also, I recommend using the "factory" isolators in the factory cutouts, between the tailgate and the SB relo bracket, for added stability. Then, use your beefier Energy Suspensions isolators between the tire and SB bracket :)

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
My 315 KO2s fit snug on steel bumper and my park sensors go ape shit. I was looking at Smittybilt and Mopar because they seem to have the least amount of push away from the tail gate. I narrowed it down to the Mopar for the light weight. I just found this thread, settled on and ordered the ACE stock tire carrier riser because of its minimalism, 6 lb weight, and appearance of little push and rise. I'll post back when ever I get it delivered and installed.

r75usmc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella
Thanks for putting this thread up! Great help as I'm now looking to do the Mopar Hinge Reinforcement plus Smittybilt relocator. Great stuff!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I need to get a for sale thread posted, but I have a SmittyBilt carrier for sale. I decided not to use it, no damage or anything like that - I’m just not using it.

PM me if interested, I’m in Ohio. I prefer local sale or buyer pays shipping.

Sponsored

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
My 315 KO2s fit snug on steel bumper and my park sensors go ape shit. I was looking at Smittybilt and Mopar because they seem to have the least amount of push away from the tail gate. I narrowed it down to the Mopar for the light weight. I just found this thread, settled on and ordered the ACE stock tire carrier riser because of its minimalism, 6 lb weight, and appearance of little push and rise. I'll post back when ever I get it delivered and installed.
How did the Ace risers turn out? ?you like them? Still using them? What Jeep and bumper combo do you have ?

t3aztec

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Ended up doing Mopar tailgate reinforcement + Smittybilt bracket. Photo's with stock 33" Rubicon tire still, 37's are coming. Smittybilt bracket fit with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit.

[UPDATE] After having the Smittybilt bracket with my 37's for 8 months, the Smittybilt bracket broke under the weight of the big 37's and I had to replace it. I replace it with the Mopar bracket, and while it seems like a totally overpriced rip-off, it worked much better. My 37" tire fit just exactly perfect, much tighter to the tailgate, and less movement... it was expensive, but it's better

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg
Do you have rear sensors?

You know what your backspacing/offset are for the 37s?

Tire 12.5 or 13.5?

tntemerson

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TerranceEmerson.com
Vehicle(s)
1) Wrangler JLU, Mopar Lift, BFG 35's, Fuel Anza 558 wheels, Westin Bumper, Smittybilt 10k winch; 2) GMC 4x4 1/2 Ton Pickup, 350 V8, 5 Speed (scarce)

Tire 12.5 or 13.5?

Tire 12.5 or 13.5?

Smittybilt broke? Wow. Mine’s still there with 35’s, but who know down the road. Good to know so thanks for the update.

Don’t have rear sensors. Building out a Sport. 35’s as of now, 37’s only after a full axle replacements. Looking at Spicer crate axle Dana 60's, but waiting on the money because they COST. With my current 35’s the rear camera vignettes a lot, but no so much that I can’t use it. On the Rubis, other people have noted sensor problems with 37’s.

I’m no expert on builds here, but I know that 37’s will bottom out on a JL Rubicon if you do anything beyond mall shopping. 35’s are fine, but 37’s require at least a 2” lift. I’m certain of this. Way Of Life Jeep on YouTube put 37’s on his JLUR, took it out and tested the full range of suspension movement, and noted the places where 37’s hit and rubbed body or suspension parts. In another episode he lifted the Jeep with nothing but a Mopar 2” lift, took it out again, and all was fine even at the most extreme suspension travel.

Calculate your backspacing here:

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

You need the factory wheel and tire width and backspacing. I don’t know off hand what it is for the Rubi, and mine was different because I’m building out a Sport. Enter original tire size and offset and new tire size, and the calculator gives you the new offset. I shopped only for wheels and tires that handled what the calculator gave me plus the fraction, which for me at this point was -12mm using 35x12.5 17’s on Fuel 8.5” wheels.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I saw in this thread the the tough country relocation kit and the mopar tailgate reinforcement are not compatible, I have the mopar re-enforcement and had read somewhere on this site (that I can’t seem to find now) the rough country relocation kit had been updated and works.. can anyone confirm for sure that they do or do not work together?

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Tire 12.5 or 13.5?
if you have sensors, look at the Teraflex HD tire mount. It combines relocation ento the mount itself and brings the tire much closer to the tailgate than any relocation bracket can. See attached pictures...

1D33A9BE-E807-44CA-B0BE-1B21D9B19620.jpeg
9145BEF9-591D-4792-B66C-D23F4719A423.jpeg
9228E14B-6E1D-4211-80DA-5E0E7FD864DC.jpeg

Sponsored

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
if you have sensors, look at the Teraflex HD tire mount. It combines relocation ento the mount itself and brings the tire much closer to the tailgate than any relocation bracket can. See attached pictures...

Jeep Wrangler JL Spare Tire Relocation Brackets 9228E14B-6E1D-4211-80DA-5E0E7FD864DC
Jeep Wrangler JL Spare Tire Relocation Brackets 9228E14B-6E1D-4211-80DA-5E0E7FD864DC
So this mounting is the Tereflex HD tire mount with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement? Looks like it, but wanted to make sure. Looks like a good choice for my needs, and I already have the Mopar reinforcement... so hard to tell which mounts and relocation brackets will work with the reinforcement already there.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So this mounting is the Tereflex HD tire mount with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement? Looks like it, but wanted to make sure. Looks like a good choice for my needs, and I already have the Mopar reinforcement... so hard to tell which mounts and relocation brackets will work with the reinforcement already there.
Yes, that is exactly what it is. I have been extremely happy with it after being extremely disappointed by a few relocation brackets.

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that is exactly what it is. I have been extremely happy with it after being extremely disappointed by a few relocation brackets.
Awesome. Thank you! Looks like that will be our solution when we get 37s and some new wheels later this year.

Izzo93

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep JLUS, '23 2500 Duramax, 23’ RAM 1500
Occupation
Operator Maintenance Technician III
Yes it does!

FWIW, I kept the factory isolators in place to give added dampening between the bracket and the tailgate. The fit was perfect (snug against the isolators with slight compression).

I then added aftermarket (larger) isolators into the bracket itself to dampen the tire.

So, I did not use the plugs provided - but they’re definitely there.

Side note - I subsequently removed my SmittyBilt carrier. Had it on for 1 week. No issues but was able to get by without it. If interested in buying for less than retail, let me know. I’m in Ohio.
Bringing up a 3 year old thread. Lol still have that for sale?
Sponsored