1. deitrick1

deitrick1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rudy
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    So I have the SB bracket, and after installing, realized it does NOT work with 37s and my wheels with 3.96" back spacing. The rubber isolators are not long enough to reach. I adjusted them all the way out and even put some extra rubber material to cover the gap, but found the spare wobbles top to bottom on even the slightest bump. Not good for the tailgate. I reached out to SB twice and have gotten no response. Not a peep.

I am hoping they offer longer rubber isolators for larger tire applications. If not, mine will be up for sale and I'll go with the Mopar one.

IMG_2023.JPG

mistakebythelake likes this.
  2. aug0211

aug0211 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLUR Turbo
    Liked:
    You just need extended tire isolators. Pretty common with aftermarket tires/wheels (and normally needed with relocation brackets).

Take a look at Energy Suspensions offerings on Amazon.

Also, I recommend using the "factory" isolators in the factory cutouts, between the tailgate and the SB relo bracket, for added stability. Then, use your beefier Energy Suspensions isolators between the tire and SB bracket :)

3. Waiting

Waiting Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
    Liked:
    My 315 KO2s fit snug on steel bumper and my park sensors go ape shit. I was looking at Smittybilt and Mopar because they seem to have the least amount of push away from the tail gate. I narrowed it down to the Mopar for the light weight. I just found this thread, settled on and ordered the ACE stock tire carrier riser because of its minimalism, 6 lb weight, and appearance of little push and rise. I'll post back when ever I get it delivered and installed.

4. r75usmc

r75usmc Active Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Hella Yella
    Liked:
    Thanks for putting this thread up! Great help as I'm now looking to do the Mopar Hinge Reinforcement plus Smittybilt relocator. Great stuff!

5. aug0211

aug0211 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLUR Turbo
    Liked:
    I need to get a for sale thread posted, but I have a SmittyBilt carrier for sale. I decided not to use it, no damage or anything like that - I’m just not using it.

PM me if interested, I’m in Ohio. I prefer local sale or buyer pays shipping.

6. drock317

drock317 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
    Liked:
    How did the Ace risers turn out? ?you like them? Still using them? What Jeep and bumper combo do you have ?

7. t3aztec

t3aztec Member

First Name:
    CJ
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Rubicon
    Liked:
    Do you have rear sensors?

You know what your backspacing/offset are for the 37s?

Tire 12.5 or 13.5?

8. tntemerson

tntemerson Active Member

First Name:
    Terry
    Vehicle(s):
    1) Wrangler JLU, Mopar Lift, BFG 35's, Fuel Anza 558 wheels, Westin Bumper, Smittybilt 10k winch; 2) GMC 4x4 1/2 Ton Pickup, 350 V8, 5 Speed (scarce)
    Liked:

Smittybilt broke? Wow. Mine’s still there with 35’s, but who know down the road. Good to know so thanks for the update.

Don’t have rear sensors. Building out a Sport. 35’s as of now, 37’s only after a full axle replacements. Looking at Spicer crate axle Dana 60's, but waiting on the money because they COST. With my current 35’s the rear camera vignettes a lot, but no so much that I can’t use it. On the Rubis, other people have noted sensor problems with 37’s.

I’m no expert on builds here, but I know that 37’s will bottom out on a JL Rubicon if you do anything beyond mall shopping. 35’s are fine, but 37’s require at least a 2” lift. I’m certain of this. Way Of Life Jeep on YouTube put 37’s on his JLUR, took it out and tested the full range of suspension movement, and noted the places where 37’s hit and rubbed body or suspension parts. In another episode he lifted the Jeep with nothing but a Mopar 2” lift, took it out again, and all was fine even at the most extreme suspension travel.

Calculate your backspacing here:

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

You need the factory wheel and tire width and backspacing. I don’t know off hand what it is for the Rubi, and mine was different because I’m building out a Sport. Enter original tire size and offset and new tire size, and the calculator gives you the new offset. I shopped only for wheels and tires that handled what the calculator gave me plus the fraction, which for me at this point was -12mm using 35x12.5 17’s on Fuel 8.5” wheels.

9. SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JLUR, 2018 Grand Cherokee
    Liked:
    Looking at Jeep stuff all day
    Garage Profiles:
    I saw in this thread the the tough country relocation kit and the mopar tailgate reinforcement are not compatible, I have the mopar re-enforcement and had read somewhere on this site (that I can’t seem to find now) the rough country relocation kit had been updated and works.. can anyone confirm for sure that they do or do not work together?

10. angustx

angustx Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    if you have sensors, look at the Teraflex HD tire mount. It combines relocation ento the mount itself and brings the tire much closer to the tailgate than any relocation bracket can. See attached pictures...

1D33A9BE-E807-44CA-B0BE-1B21D9B19620.jpeg9145BEF9-591D-4792-B66C-D23F4719A423.jpeg9228E14B-6E1D-4211-80DA-5E0E7FD864DC.jpeg