Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Find another member local and see if they will give you a hand. If you were close to me, I’d be willing to help. No idea where you are located but if you’re close I’m in.
Aha I appreciate it!! Idaho might be a bit far from CO!
Sponsored

Peaks

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Jeep Wrangler
I recently had one installed for $90 x 4 hours of labor: $360 at AVW OffRoad. Totally unrelated, I had it removed and went with a 3 inch Super Lift spring lift.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
1.5” spacer lift includes shocks or shock spacers I assume. 800 is fair.
The “you can do it yourself for less” crowd are silly. Yes, obviously you can do it yourself for less, if you are capable of doing it at all.

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

I paid little over $1,000 for 3.5 MC Game changer lift which includes 8 control arms, springs, shocks, and both track bars. I am apart of a local off-roading club that gives discounts to this shop so that did help. Personally I wouldn’t pay that I would find a friend with space.

Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
1.5” spacer lift includes shocks or shock spacers I assume. 800 is fair.
The “you can do it yourself for less” crowd are silly. Yes, obviously you can do it yourself for less, if you are capable of doing it at all.
Teraflex is spring spacers. They take less than 2 hours for 1 person to do. $800 is outrageous.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Not what so ever. It would appear you’re pretty unfamiliar with the subject.
Ive ridden in plenty of shitty Jeeps and trucks over the years. Intentionally pushing the suspension outside of the normal range of motion of the shocks will make it ride differently. Some people find it acceptable or at least pretend to.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Ive ridden in plenty of shitty Jeeps and trucks over the years. Intentionally pushing the suspension outside of the normal range of motion of the shocks will make it ride differently. Some people find it acceptable or at least pretend to.
Sounds like you should stop riding in shitty jeeps and trucks.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Literally just put the Teraflex 1.5" spacer kit on my Jeep last weekend. If [like me] you're not going to be doing extreme rock crawling/flexing and just needed a little more clearance, it's a great kit. I purposefully only wanted ~1-2" of lift, due to the height of my garage and the height of my wife, so any of the other full suspension kits wouldn't have worked for me.

A few tips:

1. I didn't do the LCAs and it actually rides better lifted. Holds the line better on the freeway at speed, IMO. '21 Sahara Altitude, so not sure if the trim affected it.

2. Measure your corners before you order. Mine were 37" floor to fender all around - no factory rake at all. The Teraflex kit assumes you have a rake - it's 2" for the front, 1.5" for the back. They sell an additional 0.5" kit (you can buy fronts only, rear only, or all four) to level things out. I needed the 0.5" in the rear to level it out. They stack just fine. If I'd had both to put in at the same time, I'd have saved myself 3 days of driving around with a half inch squat and an hour's worth of taking the springs out again.

3. You do NOT need an alignment afterwards. With this kit (again, minus the LCAs, which IMO you don't need anyways) you're not touching anything that would impact your alignment.

4. For $800, I'd highly recommend that you just go buy the tools you need. Join a local Jeep club and make friends - it's more fun to do it yourself, you'll learn more about your rig, and this is STUPID easy to do on your own.

PARTS YOU'LL NEED:
1. Floor jack
2. Jack stands
3. Torque Wrench
4. Needlenose pliers (medium)
5. A good socket set. I believe you only need 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, 18mm, and 21mm. Oh, and 22mm for the lugs.
6. 18mm open-ended wrench. Bonus if it's got a ratchet on the closed end, but not necessary.
7. 14mm socket and 17mm open-ended wrench for the back spacer bolt. It's a *pain* so you're going to want another set of hands.
8. Spring for an impact driver. They're stupid cheap right now for the holidays and it'll make this job a million times easier. Plus it'll allow you to do your own tire rotations in the future.

This video is a good walkthrough. You do NOT need to have a floor lift and pole jacks. Just use the jack stands to hold the frame up and then use the floor jack to lower/raise the axles.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Sounds like you should stop riding in shitty jeeps and trucks.
Gotta ride in them to fix them right. Had a TJ the other day come in with factory length shocks and 4” lift springs. It rode like a radio flyer wagon, absolutely unable to be driven on the road. The best part is, the thing wasn’t even here for suspension work, and they wouldn’t let me fix it.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
$422 - parts/labor/tax

Teraflex 1.5"/2.0"

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Gotta ride in them to fix them right. Had a TJ the other day come in with factory length shocks and 4” lift springs. It rode like a radio flyer wagon, absolutely unable to be driven on the road. The best part is, the thing wasn’t even here for suspension work, and they wouldn’t let me fix it.
Based on your misinformation and assumptions about spacer lifts, I also wouldnt let you “fix it”.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Based on your misinformation and assumptions about spacer lifts, I also wouldnt let you “fix it”.
Misinformation? It’s just a fact that shocks have limits and variable ranges of compression rate throughout their length. If it works for you, that’s fine. It does not make it ideal.
Sponsored