Soft top window storage

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I ordered one as well but didn’t receive it (dual tops). Where was it located when you picked up the Jeep? Figure maybe there was some hidden compartment maybe I need to find! Dealer has me on a back order list but who knows if I will ever see it.
You can't miss it. I got the dual top so I had the big soft top box in the back. The hard top storage and soft top storage cases where rolled up in individual bags and were sitting on the top of the soft top box.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I uploaded the pics in a step by step order, hopefully they display that way. The last few images are to give you an idea of optional placement and scale. The storage bag is supposed to be upright against the back of the back seats with a strap around the headrests to secure it.

IMG_20180523_100335.jpg

This is the Loch Ness Monster. You hear rumors, you think you see one, but this actually looks like it my be FCA's, not even an aftermarket one.

Please don't use this product--for your sake. Save it. Sell it on ebay. Either now or as a collector's item later. It's priceless.

You are the only one that has one, or maybe just one of a few.

Mike Manley can't get one.

:)

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
$10,000 going cheap! :cwl:

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
You can't miss it. I got the dual top so I had the big soft top box in the back. The hard top storage and soft top storage cases where rolled up in individual bags and were sitting on the top of the soft top box.
Thx. I got the panel bag, but the soft top bag was MIA. My soft top is still in the box while I wait to get a lift installed for the hardtop. I unpacked all the pieces except the top itself so was hoping you might say yours was hidden in there somewhere.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I can’t believe the 2.0L and power roof will be out before the freaking soft top storage bag.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I can’t believe the 2.0L and power roof will be out before the freaking soft top storage bag.
Now really...
At least you can order and then drive your new Jeep. Who knows? You may still get you bag before I get my powered top.:whatsgoingon:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I don't really want this. But...

I have my windows off/top down most of the time. I store everything flat stacked on top of each other in the back. When i put it back on the creases are terrible. After a few days they go away.

Let's face it. My windows are going to look like shit within a year.

Any advice other than buy the biggest window purse ever that you can't even order?
Do you insight from your experience 31 as to why you experienced such creasing? Is it the lack of the windows being stretched taught when stored in the rig?

Is it the lack of downward pressure on them that the elusive soft top storage bag *might* address?

Are you not certain?

Perhaps for the initial theory on cause, I need to come up with a device that keeps the windows stored taught.

Thoughts? Thanks.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Do you insight from your experience 31 as to why you experienced such creasing? Is it the lack of the windows being stretched taught when stored in the rig?

Is it the lack of downward pressure on them that the elusive soft top storage bag *might* address?

Are you not certain?

Perhaps for the initial theory on cause, I need to come up with a device that keeps the windows stored taught.

Thoughts? Thanks.
It's because the back window is too big to lay flat which means you can't lay them all flat so they aren't taught.

I have started putting the back window on top which helps. I think if i put the side windows down and then something in between the side windows and the back window it may work. I'll report back.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon

Sponsored

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I called and spoke to a representative regarding this and was told it will not work with JL windows without folding.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
ok...thank you. The quest for the solution continues.

goracers

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I placed an order at my dealer today. Backordered, so will post when I receive. I've been researching and found nothing else that seems to work.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
I placed an order at my dealer today. Backordered, so will post when I receive. I've been researching and found nothing else that seems to work.
Same here-ordered on Saturday-guy said system showed -4 available at that point. I suggest you all get in line. The stock number that worked was 68358392AB.
Sponsored