Soft Top Window Storage

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
Since there is information and facts on this, at what speed does the exhaust get pushed out? Not sure why it would ever be 'sucked' 'into the cabin, any real explanation there? I get it running up the tail gate and some making its way into the cabin, but how does it get sucked in? Just curious since this is such a concern, id like to know more about the statistics of this and not just "it comes in and its a major issue". And yes, the back corner may move slightly, ive seen that, but nothing of worth. Ive one 80 and no issue, it wasnt flapping in the wind or anything of that nature. Its pretty secure, you'd have to have the bottom lip and front lip get loose, then the velcro in the front unlatch, then for it to slide off the top track in order to lose it. But anyone thats put them on knows they are very snug.
Yeah, like the other guy said, we've hijacked your thread-sorry. But that flat windshield & boxy make up isn't aerodynamic. As the air moves over the cab, it doesn't flow away gracefully, like in a Jaguar. It gets turbulent & tumbles. Like riding in the back of a station wagon & the driver rolls the back window down, the exhaust is shoved into the back by the turbulence. In a pick-up, say you just unloaded some dirt/crap. With the tailgate up, or down, the debris left over doesn't fly out, you will notice a lot of said debris is at the front of the bed, next to the cab. Same idea with the exhaust. No studies, stats, or scientific theory, just what happens.

Anyway, we got the Mopar bag. Overpriced. I'm sure you can find a good bag for at least half of the Mopar. In our first couple Jeeps, we just used old beach blankets and rolled them up...
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Ok i get worrying about losing the side windows, but the exhaust? Im not sitting at a stop for 3 hours, im driving and the exhaust is being pushed back. I never got this worry, even if a little crept in while sitting at a light, when u start driving wtih the windows down its all pushed out. This is people REALLY over thinking things. There are vehicles that say done drive with the doors open (or off), yes wrangler owners do that daily.
This is why, the turbulence in the rear.
aerodynamics3_en__large.png

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
This is why, the turbulence in the rear.
aerodynamics3_en__large.png
Thanks....I looked for an image that better said what I was trying to say, better than I spewed above.

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Ridgeline
I used to have a Bronco II (similar shape) and drove it with the back window open a time or two. I did smell a little exhaust but nothing that was going to cause me to pass out or crash while driving. So if the exhaust comes in the vehicle with the back window open why is it OK to take the top off, more airflow from all around?

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
I used to have a Bronco II (similar shape) and drove it with the back window open a time or two. I did smell a little exhaust but nothing that was going to cause me to pass out or crash while driving. So if the exhaust comes in the vehicle with the back window open why is it OK to take the top off, more airflow from all around?
If the top and doors are on, side windows closed and only the back window is open, the exhaust will enter the cabin from the rear due to a vacuum effect. They don't make many SUV's (the modern day station wagon) with retractable rear windows for a reason. Exhaust fumes entering the cabin...

When the windows are open and/or the top is off, the exhaust is not building up in the cabin due to constant circulation. It's all about airflow.

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a JL? The windows from previous years to the '18 are much different. Just curious how this would work with JL windows.
Yes put back window in first with it sticking out the side. Layer side windows between protective layers and curl window over the side that is the widest because of the side window corners.
Sponsored