First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L 6-Speed
Occupation
Web Developer
There are too many critters and bugs where I am to enjoy camping in the open air. The last time I tried, I was inundated i by mating frogs. I do enjoy being out under the stars though.

FB_IMG_1551761619656.jpg
Sponsored

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
That would be a huge over sight for a crazy expensive air mattress. Either way, I can't see myself sleeping in my Jeep.

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Thank God!! ! That was the response I was expecting to hear from jeepin out in the outdoors kind of guys!
I've never needed a nap on my trips to the mall. LOL!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I've never needed a nap on my trips to the mall. LOL!!
Why anyone would unload a weeks worth of supplies and sleep cooped up inside their Jeep instead of being under 8 trillion stars is beyond me. But there are different desires out there, I get that

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Screenshot_20190302-145336_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20190302-214420_Samsung Internet.jpg
In 40 years of trucks, Jeeps a Pathfinder and a rock crawler Toyota I have always slept outside under the stars. Lots of talk of sleeping in Jeep's.
What view seems better?
OH, I totally "get it" ! The responses your getting & likely will get are gonna tend to be on the humorous side . . . so, while I can, the consensus seems to imply "sleep with the wifey in the jeep?" ha ha, ain't gonna be much "sleep" going on !
I sometimes sleep (really) in my WK2 but more often use my Kodiak Canvas Tent ! My future intent is either sleep & view the stars, out in the wilderness (not the backyard) in an Ursa Minor RTT equipped JLU or back of a JT with a camper shell on the Bed ! I'll go view the stars at 2 am when I need to get up and Pee, ha ! Actually I have a "pee Bottle" for that !
I love the Quietness and Clarity of the night sky when far from the urban places ! I know my future JLU or JT (2020) will get me Out Their further .

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
so an air mattress? got it.

Kidding aside - does not look like you can close the tailgate? (my opinion is based on their pics).
I actually have one of those.. and it’s pretty awesome, it’s shaped like the back of the Jeep with the seats down..and yes you can close the tailgate...

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I actually have one of those.. and it’s pretty awesome, it’s shaped like the back of the Jeep with the seats down..and yes you can close the tailgate...
Does this need any kind of support under it between the folded back seats and the back of the front seats or is there enough support from the pad itself? Same question for the seat gap (unless you have the gap cover)?

Thanks!

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Does this need any kind of support under it between the folded back seats and the back of the front seats or is there enough support from the pad itself? Same question for the seat gap (unless you have the gap cover)?

Thanks!
When I had my jk I just pulled my rear rug over the gap, the jl has the gap cover so you literally just inflate the mattress and that’s it...the time it will be most worth it, is the time it down pours and you can just roll over and stay sleeping.. being dry when camping is a beautiful thing.. just pack everything in back packs or packs with straps and strapped them to the roll bar.. and your golden.. the front seats have to be pushed all the way up so you have to be clever with storage..but easily manageable...

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my jk I just pulled my rear rug over the gap, the jl has the gap cover so you literally just inflate the mattress and that’s it...the time it will be most worth it, is the time it down pours and you can just roll over and stay sleeping.. being dry when camping is a beautiful thing.. just pack everything in back packs or packs with straps and strapped them to the roll bar.. and your golden.. the front seats have to be pushed all the way up so you have to be clever with storage..but easily manageable...
And the gap between the front and rear seats is not a problem, the mattress is thick enough to compensate for the space.. so it doesn’t sag.. the original mattress they made was much thinner so there was some play, but the one they have now is thicker and fits perfectly..