Sponsored

Should I wait for 2023MY? Any expected changes?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Uconnect5 and that is about it. Well besides Year number
Yeah something like the new grill from EJS and a 10” screen on the new Cherokees. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw an digital dash option as well.
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Cup holder that isn't partially under the console lid so that drinks don't get stuck in there hard to remove.

Lower overall position of console like JK so that my knee doesn't rest on the t-case shifter.

Phone charging pad.

That would be a great start.
Not bad. I like how all of that sounds. What about factory dead pedal option. Ambient trail lighting? Haha

Chopperace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
I don’t think there will be any major changes except a higher price. Because of the Bronco Jeep was forced to release the 392 and the Xtreme Recon package. I could see Jeep discontinuing the 3.6 and only offering the 2.0. Usually if there are major changes coming you will see spy photos leaked.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
2023 will be model year 6 for the JL and so they are already past due for the MCU (mid-cycle update). Mopar Insiders have said that '23 is going to be the mid-cycle update year, and one of the clues was the Rubicon20 concept vehicle that showed up at Easter Jeep Safari sporting a new front end. Note that the JK showed up wearing an all new grille once, and two months later that became the production grille on JL. Just sayin'....

Me personally I'm more interested in the interior changes, specifically what they're going to do with that awful center console.
Center console is already awful? Lol it was so praised after the JK.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
I am pretty confident we will see the following for 2023;

-37” tire option (thanks Bronco R)
-IP refresh
-New grill design
-New graphics celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Rubicon
-Last year of the 392 Rubicon trim☹
-Larger battery with better range in the 4xe (not sure on this one)

Sponsored

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
I am pretty confident we will see the following for 2023;

-37” tire option (thanks Bronco R)
-IP refresh
-New grill design
-New graphics celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Rubicon
-Last year of the 392 Rubicon trim☹
-Larger battery with better range in the 4xe (not sure on this one)
I too, would like to see some things from this list. 👍

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I've implemented the infrastructure to track 2023 builds. I should know what's going on as soon as the first build sheets get generated (none yet).

The first 255 seem to be test builds that never get a window sticker. Those should be interesting.

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
I've implemented the infrastructure to track 2023 builds. I should know what's going on as soon as the first build sheets get generated (none yet).

The first 255 seem to be test builds that never get a window sticker. Those should be interesting.
Still haven’t fixed the paint issues and probably never will.

wmwfour

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm going to be putting in an order for a Wrangler some time within the next month-ish. I'm not in any particular rush to get the Wrangler and still mulling over the final decisions on the build. It's said on the forum here that 2023 orders are opening in about a month, to then begin production 2 months later.

If I wait until after the orders open for 2023 does that mean orders close for 2022 and I'm locked into a minimum 2 month wait for production to begin (and more in actuality for my specific vehicle's place in the queue)? I'd rather not wait extra if the vehicles are identical, and there's inevitably going to be some minor price increases across the board.

I know there's going to be no massive changes, but there's frequently little shuffling around of options. Is there any indication of that? Particularly I'm looking at an automatic 2-door Sport model and I'd love the regular V6 instead of only being offered the 2.0L or etorque V6.
My understanding is 2 Door orders for 2022 are already shut down. If you Re waiting a month to order it won't mTter either, apparently the 2023 order banks open June 15th.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Still haven’t fixed the paint issues and probably never will.
I don't understand how that has anything to do with what I said. Am I missing something?

Sponsored

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
I don't understand how that has anything to do with what I said. Am I missing something?
No just that there is a high probability that you will have bubbling paint on your doors and hinges in the first few years of ownership that will require repainting thats all. It’s a shame that the high cost of these Jeeps and they won’t fix this major issue no new cars should have bubbling paint.

Reactions: AFD

rcjpmp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
What are you looking for? I would be happy with:

- redesigned seats
- uConnect 5 w/ a screen like the new grand Cherokees
New console, please! The current one is a joke with virtually no storage.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
2023 will be model year 6 for the JL and so they are already past due for the MCU (mid-cycle update). Mopar Insiders have said that '23 is going to be the mid-cycle update year, and one of the clues was the Rubicon20 concept vehicle that showed up at Easter Jeep Safari sporting a new front end. Note that the JK showed up wearing an all new grille once, and two months later that became the production grille on JL. Just sayin'....

Me personally I'm more interested in the interior changes, specifically what they're going to do with that awful center console.
What's wrong with the center console?

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Yes. On Monday. I tried to order yesterday and I was told (nicely) I was S.O.L.
Koons is saying no problem to order one as of yesterday. Wonder if it wouldnt go through…

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Koons is saying no problem to order one as of yesterday. Wonder if it wouldnt go through…
I don’t know. I do know I am not the only one that got shot down, though! I know they are taking orders for Sports and Sahara 4xe, except 2 doors. I tried to order a 2 door Rubi. I hope your order makes it through!
Sponsored