Sponsored

Should I wait for 2023MY? Any expected changes?

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
I'm going to be putting in an order for a Wrangler some time within the next month-ish. I'm not in any particular rush to get the Wrangler and still mulling over the final decisions on the build. It's said on the forum here that 2023 orders are opening in about a month, to then begin production 2 months later.

If I wait until after the orders open for 2023 does that mean orders close for 2022 and I'm locked into a minimum 2 month wait for production to begin (and more in actuality for my specific vehicle's place in the queue)? I'd rather not wait extra if the vehicles are identical, and there's inevitably going to be some minor price increases across the board.

I know there's going to be no massive changes, but there's frequently little shuffling around of options. Is there any indication of that? Particularly I'm looking at an automatic 2-door Sport model and I'd love the regular V6 instead of only being offered the 2.0L or etorque V6.
Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
No one knows. Several threads on this.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
2023 will be model year 6 for the JL and so they are already past due for the MCU (mid-cycle update). Mopar Insiders have said that '23 is going to be the mid-cycle update year, and one of the clues was the Rubicon20 concept vehicle that showed up at Easter Jeep Safari sporting a new front end. Note that the JK showed up wearing an all new grille once, and two months later that became the production grille on JL. Just sayin'....

Me personally I'm more interested in the interior changes, specifically what they're going to do with that awful center console.

Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Keep an eye out for the Hurricane inline 6 cylinder turbo ;)

I'm guessing 2024 but you never know.

Reactions: AFD

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Pretty sure orders are closed for 2022s anyways. My bet there will be some changes to keep things competitive with Bronco. Now does that mean uConnect 5 and 37s or hood stickers that say 20th anniversary?

I’m leaning towards some light refresh but nothing earth shattering. I’ll be placing an order June 15 regardless.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
UConnect 5 and by association a much larger display should be coming, it's been out for ages on the Pacificas now. It was pretty nice in the rentals I've had for work. No guarantees on it coming for '23 but it's weird it hasn't shown up yet.

The inline 6 motor appears to be on the way too but no way that'll show for 23.

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I don’t have any choice in the matter since they have stopped taking orders for all Rubicons.

Deleted member 59498

Well even if you have to wait a month to order I guess the upside is getting a 23 fairly early.

Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I hope they don’t change the grill. I guess I could always swap it with a JT grill.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
I’d wait since ordering books open in less then a month. Granted you wont get your vehicle till fall/winter if that’s a problem.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
UConnect 5 and by association a much larger display should be coming, it's been out for ages on the Pacificas now. It was pretty nice in the rentals I've had for work. No guarantees on it coming for '23 but it's weird it hasn't shown up yet.

The inline 6 motor appears to be on the way too but no way that'll show for 23.
When Uconnect5 comes to the wrangler, it will still be 8.4 inches. This has been shown in a preview video by jeep itself.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
When Uconnect5 comes to the wrangler, it will still be 8.4 inches. This has been shown in a preview video by jeep itself.
I think this is likely, but it’s also possible they will sell an upgraded 10” version since as it is right now, the bezels are huge and if they were to occupy all screen real estate with the current bezels they could probably fit a larger screen in the same space.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I hope they don’t change the grill. I guess I could always swap it with a JT grill.
I dig the potential grille redesign, I would trade my '22 version for a '23 silver zenith's if they didn't like it.
Sponsored