First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
more questions from a banker who owns a jeep…

my lift is a 2”.

should i look for 0-2” lift shocks. i noticed Fox 2.0 is 0-1.5” or 2-3”.

the former is too short but the latter is too long? like if i had a 2.5” lift, then 2-3 would be good but since it’s 2” would that be too long?
Sponsored

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe

my lift is a 2”.

the former is too short but the latter is too long? like if i had a 2.5” lift, then 2-3 would be good but since it’s 2” would that be too long?
You do have the extedned bump stops as part of your lift, can see them in one of the pics you posted. You will most definitely be fine with shocks rated for 2-3" lift.

As several others have mentioned, if you can get the measurements that are shown in AccuTune's post, you could likely run some even longer, resulting in more flex. I am running Fox 2.5s from AccuTune that are technically for a "3.5-4" lift, even though I only have a 2" spacer lift. You would have to take some measurements to verify this prior to buying longer ones though.

@AccuTunedJL is definitely the "buy once cry once" shock solution. Absolutely love mine, and their customer service is wonderful also. Highly suggest at least calling them to talk to them before you make any decisions.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

my lift is a 2”.

I would err on the long side. Your looking for something with a front compressed length a little under 18”. (You have 2” bump extensions, and stock shock length at bump is 16.25” for 18.25” shock length at bump.

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
i am leaning towards removing the extensions for the shocks and putting in bilstein 5100 or fox 2.0 (leaning toward fox), but it’s close

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
I would err on the long side. Your looking for something with a front compressed length a little under 18”. (You have 2” bump extensions, and stock shock length at bump is 16.25” for 18.25” shock length at bump.
For reference, my "3.5-4 lift" shocks have a collapsed length of 17.34"

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
i am leaning towards removing the extensions for the shocks and putting in bilstein 5100 or fox 2.0 (leaning toward fox), but it’s close
Sorry, yes dump the shock extensions but leave the bump extensions for tire clearance.

Note, the Bilstein 5165 Remote Reservoirs are just a little more expensive than the Fox 2.0 Non-Resi.

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
if i only knew what a bump extension is….not to mention not sure what the benefit of the 5160 is vs the fox 2.0?

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
if i only knew what a bump extension is….
This thing inside your spring that looks like an extra thick hockey puck with a bolt vertically through the center of it. Its what allows you to run a larger tire without rubbing the fenders when flexed.

Jeep Wrangler JL shock upgrade 1665774443018

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
ahh! wouldn’t have even dawned on me to remove that as i am not doing anything with the springs.

so i just watched someone discuss the benefits of the reservoir shocks. seems like is mostly for heavy off road use. i am 98% highway, 2% field (penn state tailgates or field to go fishing). thinking the mono tube would work fine for my practices.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
2.0’s have been great so far for me. I

my lift is a 2”.

Im running the teraflex leveling spacer 2 up front 1.5 in the rear. I’m on the fox 2.0s, 0-1.5 and they have been great. I will definitely be going the accutune route once I switch to springs at some point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
2.0’s have been great so far for me. I

Im running the teraflex leveling spacer 2 up front 1.5 in the rear. I’m on the fox 2.0s, 0-1.5 and they have been great. I will definitely be going the accutune route once I switch to springs at some point.
so 0-1.5 means the shock is fully extended the whole time? where as 2-3” it will be “resting”?

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
so 0-1.5 means the shock is fully extended the whole time? where as 2-3” it will be “resting”?
definitely not fully extended the whole time. I went by Fox’s measurements. Driving now so can’t tell ya what they are off the top of my head. Give them a call and see what works best for the AEV spacers.
Sponsored