AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, Ducati Monster 796
Hey All,

First time poster to the forum. Appreciate all the info that gets put up. I wanted to ask a quick question. I am new to a Jeep Sahara Unlimited 2018 2.0L and came across someone who has removed what they tell me are OEM Fox shocks and springs from a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon. I was just wondering if these would work in my Sahara and if there is a benefit to them. Also, would there be any negatives?

I'm honestly mostly a road driver, but once in a while like to go on some back roads and gravel. Nothing crazy :)

Any thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.
Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
The shocks fit with modifications but are pretty soft. The front springs should work but I dont think the rears fit. Overall you would probably be better off with a lift made for your Wrangler or Wrangler Rubicon take off suspension. The gladiator stuff isn't really a good fit. Your Sahara as it is now will handle backroads with ease.
You can check this out to see about mounting the shocks
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/gladiator-fox-shocks-on-jlur.40192/

OP
OP
AG30

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, Ducati Monster 796
The shocks fit with modifications but are pretty soft. The front springs should work but I dont think the rears fit. Overall you would probably be better off with a lift made for your Wrangler or Wrangler Rubicon take off suspension. The gladiator stuff isn't really a good fit. Your Sahara as it is now will handle backroads with ease.
You can check this out to see about mounting the shocks
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/gladiator-fox-shocks-on-jlur.40192/

Thanks for the info Noah. I appreciate any advice I can get. For now then, maybe I'll just stay focused on changing up my wheels and tires. I see there's a lot of advice on those topics. Have a good one!
Sponsored