Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Has anyone figured out how to bypass the sensor disable feature with the doors removed. I would love for my blind spot sensors to still work.
Why???

Your indicators are on the mirrors......that are attached to the doors you are removing.

I have the blind spot sensors and they are the most useless feature on my Rubicon.

Backup sensors good...blindspot sensors(on any vehicle) are completely useless feature
Sponsored

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR HellaYella!
There is an audible alert for the blind spot detection which I'm not a fan of either.

What I miss is the "Park Sense" feature that is disabled with the doors off. I already am super-cautious backing up in parking lots, because that is the #1 place for accidents I think I read once.... and it pisses me off that a feature I paid for gets turned off.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
UPDATE: I have a beta test version of the Z Automotive "JL Doors Off" solution on the way to me today! I'll report back after I've received the device(s).
Cant wait to hear from you what exactly this is.

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should know in a few days -- it was described to me briefly as a "harness", so I suspect it will be a male-and-female "cable" that connects to the existing door umbilical "male" plug under my dash and probably has a small box along the way with a few electronic components in it - or maybe just a female little box that plugs into the male of the Jeep and tricks it into thinking the door is present.

I'll let you know - I was given permission to talk about it (and hopefully generate buzz!). The vendor has a history of products that do what they are supposed to do... Best known in the Jeep community for the "Tazer" line of programmers.

The product is intended to re-enable "Blind Spot", "Park Sense", and "Remote Start" when the doors are off.

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
I should know in a few days -- it was described to me briefly as a "harness", so I suspect it will be a male-and-female "cable" that connects to the existing door umbilical "male" plug under my dash and probably has a small box along the way with a few electronic components in it - or maybe just a female little box that plugs into the male of the Jeep and tricks it into thinking the door is present.

I'll let you know - I was given permission to talk about it (and hopefully generate buzz!). The vendor has a history of products that do what they are supposed to do... Best known in the Jeep community for the "Tazer" line of programmers.

The product is intended to re-enable "Blind Spot", "Park Sense", and "Remote Start" when the doors are off.
is it sold by "Theres an ass for every seat" Inc. ?

Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
So I have no idea what that means, but if you're being a jerk it doesn't add to the discussion.
It means there is an ass for every seat

Not being a jerk...its gods honest truth

For example, if I sold you a pink colored weather strip for your drivers side door and claimed it lowered cabin noise by 80%...i bet you 50% of the peeps on this forum would buy it and swear up and down it works, but in reality it's just a piece of weather stripping that does absolutely nothing.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
I hate to be a Debbie Downer here, but the stance of FCA is that doors should be on except when off-road, in which case one wouldn't really need blind spot detection./QUOTE]

Their egal liability stance, if FCA believe that is owner behavior or ever will be they are fools. I get they have to select a path of common use for engineering. However this was a no brainer.

We sell jeep with removable doors.
If customer removes doors, engineer so included safety features still work?
No, customer shouldn't take doors off on road, no safety features for the rebels.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Despite recent negativity on this thread, I am interested in the product and look forward to hearing if it works.

I have a commercial drivers license and a clean driving record, and I appreciate the addition of blind spot monitoring and park sense. Only adding that to show I am not an incapable driver. (Though I’ve seen many idiots that have a CDL as well) Big rigs these days are getting cameras that show you down the side of the vehicle when you put the turn signal on. I’d welcome that into my Jeep as well.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
There is an audible alert for the blind spot detection which I'm not a fan of either.

What I miss is the "Park Sense" feature that is disabled with the doors off. I already am super-cautious backing up in parking lots, because that is the #1 place for accidents I think I read once.... and it pisses me off that a feature I paid for gets turned off.
I believe the audible alert can be disabled in the settings. I would like to turn it down a little, was the idea to get you to jump out of the drivers seat?

Sponsored

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cant wait to hear from you what exactly this is.
So I have the beta test version of the "doors off" devices from Z Automotive. They are male plugs that fit each female receptacle in the Jeep where you plug in the door cables. They each have an additional pigtail coming off the back of the plug for wiring to an LED light if you wish to wire one for the blind-spot detection function.

Work perfect!. Plug them in - Jeep thinks the doors are on -- all features are now back!!

When you want to go real doors on, you remove these devices and plug in the real doors instead.

Don't know when they will be available for sale or the price. I've only seen and am using gadgets for the front doors (my Jeep is a 2-door), but I was told the back ones are also in testing.

Last edited:

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
So I have the beta test version of the "doors off" devices from Z Automotive. They are male plugs that fit each female receptacle in the Jeep where you plug in the door cables. They each have an additional pigtail coming off the back of the plug for wiring to an LED light if you wish.

Work perfect!. Plug them in - Jeep thinks the doors are on -- all features are now back!!

When you want to go real doors on, you remove these devices and plug in the real doors instead.

Don't know when they will be available for sale or the price. I've only seen and am using gadgets for the front doors (my Jeep is a 2-door), but I was told the back ones are also in testing.
keep us posted!!

Stry

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Glad to hear that the remote start option will work! Now I can get the air conditioning running to cool things off when the doors aren't on.

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The manufacturer is working out one programming kink and then the device should be available. I don’t know the ETA.

Right now, about every 3rd day I have to reboot the car with the Tazer which takes about 30 seconds. Otherwise it’s flawless and simple..
Sponsored