Scratched it bad, thoughts?

B3arnaked

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well today I removed my doors, soft top rails, and soft top. Went to reinstall, had an issue getting the back to line up on the soft top and dropped the soft top rails on the roll bar and just dug it into the paint like a champ!!

I’m thinking Mopar touch up paint and maybe a solid day of touching this up. Hoping it comes out or at least looks better. Other side was scratched to but not as bad.

thoughts, only other idea is to wait a year and just get my roll bar painted to match the red highlights on the rubicon logo and trail rated badge. View attachment 354256
Jeep Wrangler JL Scratched it bad, thoughts? A4AD42A2-F866-4FDB-86F0-52CC25D70FE1
Jeep Wrangler JL Scratched it bad, thoughts? B140FC36-AEC5-4BCD-A911-06427FB48C55
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
First rub it out with a very fine polish like Meguires #7. That might help more than you might think. If that is not satisfactory you can attempt touch up...though that approach is usually not great. Before contacting a body shop you could acquire a small can of matching mopar spray paint, clear coat, and a spray can of blending solution. Lightly wet sand the area with a fine grit paper, and then apply materials. I am sure instructions for spot repairs like this are readily available on line. It won’t be perfect but unnoticeable to most. I repaired a bumper on a Genesis with this type of system - it worked better than expected. Good luck!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's going to happen again so no use worrying about it. Know from experience.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Oh boy... you should look at my roll bars :CWL:.
Anytime the hardtop touches them when taking it off.... don't sweat it.
I know, right? Like the hardtop is made with crushed diamonds or what, LOL. When I made my first scratch on my roll bars with the hardtop, I was like...huh, didn't rub against it THAT hard (that's what SHE said).

Sponsored

lordcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
The ironic thing about this is that people didnt have this issue in the JK since the roll bars were covered in foam padding. Go figure.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I use a rope and pulley in my garage to help me install/remove the softtop now, before I had that i discovered the softtop is pretty awkward and likes to flop around when handling it manually, almost destroyed my rear quarter panel with it but got lucky