Sponsored

Sarge vs High Velocity

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Looking at ordering a 2022 Wrangler JLU and am torn between Sarge or High Velocity.

Looking for opinions.
Sarge!!:like:

I love seeing the diversity of bright colors on everybody else’s Jeeps, but I need a color that won’t wear on me and get old. My Jeep eats $1000 bills like popcorn, so I need to be able to keep it a while — like until I croak this time.

When I was younger I thought the coolest Jeep color, and the coolest Porsche color, was bright red (“Guards Red”). It looks great but, for me, the bright colors also get old pretty fast. Fortunately, with the new “wrapping” technology, you’re never more than $3000 away from doing something different for a year or three, and a wrap won’t hurt the resale value if you get tired of it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
I like Sarge and it was one of my original colors among White, Granite, Hydro and Silver, ultimately went Sting Gray but Sarge was in my top 3.
I would go to dealers on Sundays so I wasn't bothered and just look at the colors in different sun/weather.
One thing I did not like about Sarge was afternoon sun making it appear a bit too much pea green.
I still would probably have picked it if Sting Gray wasn't available. Silver Zynith is nice too. Have not seen a HV Yellow in person yet.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
Not crazy about either one. Maybe Nacho will make a return for 2023!

Sponsored

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
That’s is the exact combo I am looking at ordering. Looks awesome.
It’s like the old Filson Edition Brute…still too high but looks so good

Sponsored

Trailrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JL Willys 2.0T
Sarge!!:like:

I love seeing the diversity of bright colors on everybody else’s Jeeps, but I need a color that won’t wear on me and get old. My Jeep eats $1000 bills like popcorn, so I need to be able to keep it a while — like until I croak this time.

When I was younger I thoughts the coolest Jeep color, and the coolest Porsche color, was bright red (“Guards Red”). It looks great but, for me, the bright colors also get old pretty fast. Fortunately, with the new “wrapping” technology, you’re never more than $3000 away from doing something different for a year or three, and a wrap won’t hurt the resale value if you get tired of it.
My thoughts exactly. I like a lot of the bright colors but to own one for a while I think it would get to be to "loud" of a color for me... I like the Hydro blue, the reds, etc.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Love it! Are those the half doors?

Yup. Factory half doors. Bought them off someone 6hrs away from me. She wanted a Willy’s and when she ordered the Jeep she was told Jeep was forcing the dual door option on Willy’s orders at the time. She didn’t want them so she lifted them for sale at the sticker price. I did want them so road trip lol.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Sarge Green. That High Velocity yellow is too bright and hurtful to the eyes specially with painted fenders. The regular black fenders would be more tolerable with that yellow.
Hella Yella was however a great yellow.
I went to the dealership today for an oil change and saw this Willys on display. In real life, the color is not bad so I take back my rather harsh opinion on HV. With black grill, top and fenders on the Willys trim, it looked good actually.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sarge vs High Velocity 1652595484237

ivanidea

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Occupation
IT
Sarge green with tan soft top is my pick (it's what I chose).
Jeep Wrangler JL Sarge vs High Velocity Willys Wallpaper