First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I dunno, Will. One of those colors is going to give everyone the impression that you're not hetero. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but what's your Mom going to say? Are you ready for the abuse the guys at work are going to pile on you? Are you passive-aggressively trying to break up with the old lady? Whether or not that's the vibe you're trying to give off is a question that only you can answer... ;)
Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I have High Velocity and also looked at Sarge in person. They're very different. Sarge, like all dark colors, shows dirt easily and is prone to swirl marks. Here in Arizona, the Sarge Jeeps on the dealer lots had dirty looking hoods with accumulations of brown dirt/dust, etc. My other car is somewhat dark colored and I hate the summer heat, so Sarge was out for that reason alone.

Sarge has a great military vibe to it and would look good with mud terrain tires (the Willys looks great) and lots of black. High velocity yellow is firmly in the realm of "fun" vibe, which is as far from military as you can get. High velocity differs more depending on the lighting and seems to have three possible appearances: Neon yellow, pure yellow, and mustard. I like the first two; dislike when it looks like mustard.

I'm not a large tire, mud tire, military vibe, or "aggressive Jeep" person, and with my dislike of dark colors, I went with High Velocity. If you do like the military, aggressive look, you can't beat Sarge.

I have a 2 door. I think High Velocity would be a bit much in a 4 door - Sarge is more subdued.

However, in my opinion, the best overall color of all of them is Silver Zynith, which has a great titanium-ish metallic appearance and looks super super sharp. (I had a silver Jeep previously and I have a dull personality, so I needed to do something different.)

Last edited:

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Looking at ordering a 2022 Wrangler JLU and am torn between Sarge or High Velocity.

Looking for opinions.
Sarge Green. That High Velocity yellow is too bright and hurtful to the eyes specially with painted fenders. The regular black fenders would be more tolerable with that yellow.
Hella Yella was however a great yellow.

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
If it were between those I’d pick Sarge. If I had my choice of current colors then Gobi hands down!

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sarge Green. That High Velocity yellow is too bright and hurtful to the eyes specially with painted fenders. The regular black fenders would be more tolerable with that yellow.
Hella Yella was however a great yellow.
Your comment is hurtful to HVY owners. :crying:

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
One man's junk is another man's treasure. I actually don't dislike any of the Wrangler colors, although Blue Jeeps are not my cup of tea.

Even though I have a really boring gray Jeep, I would like a bright colored one next time.

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
High velocity looks great on a 2dr willy with black softop & black interior.

Any other config=sarge.

Sponsored

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Nobody can tell you what color you like man. When I was ordering and choosing between sarge vs. hydro (my final 2), I made sure to see both in person on the lot first. While I LOVE sarge, my head kept turning toward the hydro, so that's what I went with on my order. If hydro wouldn't have been available, I would have went with sarge. If you have any second guesses on one color, but absolutely none on the other, go with that. Your goal is to have no regrets!

powerfade

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUWXR Sarge
I finally saw HVY in the wild. I gave him the wave, but it was an apologetic two finger one. I could sense his disappointment as he gazed at Sarge. :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sarge vs High Velocity BE99EB8C-27B1-480A-B4ED-FA2C922D2609

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Be different. Stand out. High Velocityyy!!
The world really doesn’t need another dark colored Jeep.
I saw a HV Jeep with a black top and black fenders. It looked so sharp. Maybe even add a black grill. The contrast would be awesome!
Sponsored