TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I thought they discontinued the Moab for 2020.
Quite possible... I'm not really up to date on the 2020 offerings. But there seems to be a good selection of MOAB trims off the lot around here. YMMV :)
Sponsored

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Sting Grey, 2012 Sahara JKU (sold)
I believe @DaveL addressed why he wants a jeep and not another vehicle in another thread.

I had the same struggle debating between Sahara and rubicon. Despite loving the look of the rubicon, the Sahara was just the better choice for the me because of wanting the select-trac and the better winter capability of it. In the end, it made the most sense.

I also knew I was going to be modding my jeep almost immediately, which I know you said you wouldnt do, but wow, it really changed the look of it!

20190718_111743.jpg

20190805_174056.jpg

Only thing is, I'm considering regearing it now. Wanted to wait to drive it be fore making that decision, but leaning towards it. So if you want the aggressive look and don't want to mod, maybe the rubicon is the better choice. But I'm happy with my Sahara and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose!
Great looking Wrangler! Nicely done!!!

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quite possible... I'm not really up to date on the 2020 offerings. But there seems to be a good selection of MOAB trims off the lot around here. YMMV :)
Like the OP, love the look of the Rubi, but I don’t need the extreme trail cred. Also, Selec Trac fits my winter climate and the Wranglers Amazing features, functionality and fun factor fit my active outdoor lifestyle. I was going to order a 2020 Moab but with the discontinuation of the the Moab, no new colors and all the added tech of etorq (with few actual benefits) I just pulled the trigger on a 2019 Moab. I’m liking it a lot and it may just become my DD. Good luck to the OP and thanks all for sharing your insight and experience.

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Ordered a Sahara with Limited Slip Rear. Put Rubicon takeoffs (BFG KO2) on it and it performs excellent in snow. Didn't need a Rubicon with lockers that can only be used in 4 Low as I am not rock crawlin'. Limited Slip works better for me in the snow. Couldn't be happier with choice. It is also my daily driver year-round.
Same here. Moab with KO2s = happiness every day.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Are the BFG KO2 the standard tire on the Rubi?

Sponsored

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Moab with KO2s = happiness every day.
Agree 100% The KM2’s = loud noise, K02 = happiness. Dealer switched mine for Rubicon wheels and tires as well. Much better for DD and I’ve read many threads stating the K02 is also much better in snow.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
KM2's aren't too loud if you don't over inflate them. I run them around 34-36 PSI, and they're pretty quite for a mud tire. Of course they'll be a little louder than an AT, but they're really no louder than my AT Revo3's when they're properly inflated. It seems that if they get above 38 they'll start to sing a bit. A lot of dealerships and shops put them on at 40+ (mire were at 41 PSI), and they can be unpleasant at that pressure.

Larry, the KO2 is standard on the 18, and 19 Rubicon. I'm not sure about the 20's, but I think they still get them too. I was looking at some Gladiator Rubicons at the local dealership and they had Falken Wildpeak M/T on them, but after talking to people here it sounds like the Wranglers is still listed as having the BFG's.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
KM2's aren't too loud if you don't over inflate them. I run them around 34-36 PSI, and they're pretty quite for a mud tire. Of course they'll be a little louder than an AT, but they're really no louder than my AT Revo3's when they're properly inflated. It seems that if they get above 38 they'll start to sing a bit. A lot of dealerships and shops put them on at 40+ (mire were at 41 PSI), and they can be unpleasant at that pressure.

Larry, the KO2 is standard on the 18, and 19 Rubicon. I'm not sure about the 20's, but I think they still get them too. I was looking at some Gladiator Rubicons at the local dealership and they had Falken Wildpeak M/T on them, but after talking to people here it sounds like the Wranglers is still listed as having the BFG's.
Thanks!

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It’s not just Gladiator. The Wrangler Rubicon also gets the optional Falken Wildpeak M/T’s

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
BFG KO2 is standard on the Rubicon, Falken Wildpeak MT is optional.

Falken Wildpeak AT3W is standard on the Gladiator Rubicon, and the MT is optional. Jeep says the AT3W is a better tire for towing so that's why they're coming on Gladiators now.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
This is wrinklin' my mind.

Why is this?
As you drive and especially when you turn, the wheels are not all turning the same... for example on a turn the outside wheels rotate faster than the inside wheels since they have a longer distance to travel. (Kinda like watching the marching bands make a tight turn in the Rose Parade... those guys on the inside nearly march in place while the outside lines are marching their little hearts out to make the turn.) When you're on dirt, snow, etc. there is enough give so you won't break anything. On dry pavement with high tire traction this can cause binding in the drivetrain and eventually cause damage. It's also why your Jeep may feel funny on the trail when making a tight turn, but again there's enough give so that nothing should break.

There are lots of good articles on this issue. Here's one for reference: http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/def_turnpart.html
Sponsored

Last edited: