Sponsored

Sahara w upgrades vs Rubicon

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
Just buy the Rubicon. It has the look you want. Plus it'll resell way easier.

I am a stock, OEM look kinda guy. The OEM Rubi just looks way better than the Sahara. Saw those Sahara pictures, and those pics of the road tires just really kills the look. I know you can swap that and everything else, but I don't want to buy a new car and start taking parts off, become a used tire salesman, etc. No thanks.

I would order a selec-trac Rubicon if I could. I will probably never use the low range or disconnect a sway bar, ever. How many guys go desert running in the Ford Raptors? About zero, maybe half a percent. Who cares? It's all about the look.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Schmeegz

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
For the daily driver the Sahara SelecTrac makes a lot of sense since, muddin’ will be the extent of the efforts/challenges put toward the 4x4 system for your use-case.

You can upgrade the little things, and perhaps if an SE were to break ground, then a Sahara with Rubi touches like the HoodVents would be an option.

Since you have Wrangler experience in your garage, then you know the ride and what to expect, you know the requirements of PT 4WD, so the Rubicon is an easy, buy-all-in-one-at-once option, that most importantly you can get right now; but for most of the Sahara benefits it requires waiting until sometime next year, so that’s a consideration.

However if you are at all compelled to wait for the Sahara, and especially the power-top you previously mentioned, then it’s worth seeing what the Spring offers in way of additional models (Willys, Winter, etc).
This is exactly what I am going to do. Plus hopefully by then we can see some changes in the dash options in the rubicon. I am definitely getting the ocean blue so I am forced to wait anyhow.

OP
OP
Schmeegz

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
This is exactly what I am going to do. Plus hopefully by then we can see some changes in the dash options in the rubicon. I am definitely getting the ocean blue so I am forced to wait anyhow.
And being from Buffalo, NY I will be most definitely driving thru some snow storms, yay!

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
I am going to purchase one of the aforementioned models and could use some input on which is better/more cost efficient.

I will be wanting 35’s and actually prefer the look when they are “stuffed”
(Rubi can handle them stock supposedly)

I will not be doing very much off-roading as this will be my everyday vehicle. Possibly an occasional muddin or easy trail but nothin like true crawling. Call me a mall crawler if you will lol

I like the look of the powerdome hood

I don’t need the bigger axles or electronic disconnect sway bar. Or any of the extreme off-roading capabilities the Rubi provides. At least anything more than the standard 4wd can’t handle.

Looking to get the blue but want to deck it out in black accents so the silver Sahara accents might not go as well.

Thoughts? And thanks

Sounds like you and I want the same exact Jeep.