Percy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sahara Unlimited
Hello,

With my recent purchase of a 2020 Sahara I am excited to pop my cherry into the Jeep world... so I apologize if I come off unintelligent.

In the next couple months I was looking to put on a Rubicon suspension. Initially I was wanting to do this to gain that 2" and get larger tires, for aesthetics and hopefully a better experience when driving off-road. Other than raising my Jeep the 2" with the Rubicon suspension what other performance upgrades (if any) should I expect from the Rubicon vs Sahara suspension? Will this Rubicon suspension help to achieve a smoother off-roading experience, or will the larger tires help equally as much, or I should be looking at something totally different to achieve this, or because I have the Sahara I cannot achieve this at all? I live in Colorado and would mostly will be doing easy/moderate trails.

Thank you for the help!

BAGP.JPG
Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Not sure if all you're doing is shocks and springs, as that's the only thing different from Sahara to Rubi in the stock suspension, but when I did it I got between 1"-1.5" height difference FYI. Good luck and welcome to the club!

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
You should be good if you’re simply just adding a rubicon suspension. Plenty of peeps did that here with their sports and Saharas. A lot of other people with Saharas and the limited slip differential also had problems with a knocking noise on the rear diff (including myself). So that’s something you might run into simply by adding larger/heavier tires.
Here’s mine with a 2.5” Metalcloak lift and 35s.

5755D9D9-5C56-45E1-BE98-00428E268140.jpeg
Sponsored