Rubi Recon

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I don’t know why more don’t get the Element 50 extinguisher. More capacity, less volume and weight. It would fit in that flashlight holder you installed is my understanding.

This is a really great suggestion Daniel. I'll be looking into carrying one on Rubi. Thanks :like:

-Steven
After years of carrying either two 2 lb extinguishers or a single 5lb extinguisher in my YJ's, TJ and JK's, I finally switched to an Element E50 for my JL.

I used the Rugged Ridge metal mounting brackets for 1.5" diameter flashlights (P/N 11238.06), and mounted the Element E50 on the center section of the soundbar. The brackets were a little too large for the E50, but a whack with a rubber mallet fixed that.

IMG_20200726_200857.jpg

IMG_20200728_165322.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Still trying on my Recon, found one white fully loaded dealer sold it before I could get a deposit on it, found a second white one and same thing happened, they are selling very fast.

found a third white one that has everything I want except advanced safety. Can get that for 5.3% below invoice, finally found a gray one with everything for 4.2% below invoice. Going to buy that one today before it sells. Lol

I will let you know. Any thoughts on those prices?
Move on the last one, and fast!

Mine came equipped with safety which I would not have ordered. The dealer gave me a little on that and told I would make it up on resell as in a couple of years, safety will be mandatory.

Nice sales pitch I thought! Good luck, hoping we see some pics of your new REcon soon.

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
After years of carrying either two 2 lb extinguishers or a single 5lb extinguisher in my YJ's, TJ and JK's, I finally switched to an Element E50 for my JL.

I used the Rugged Ridge metal mounting brackets for 1.5" diameter flashlights (P/N 11238.06), and mounted the Element E50 on the center section of the soundbar. The brackets were a little too large for the E50, but a whack with a rubber mallet fixed that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_20200728_165322

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon IMG_20200728_165322
Thanks Steve! I am going to pick one up and carry both.

Appreciate the post.

-Steven

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I would consider one, a Recon, but the closest we’d consider is over 200 miles away and I’ve learned one thing with the steering, test drive the one you want. Well, that would possibly be a heck of a lot of driving.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I would consider one, a Recon, but the closest we’d consider is over 200 miles away and I’ve learned one thing with the steering, test drive the one you want. Well, that would possibly be a heck of a lot of driving.
Speaking of a lot of driving. We flew to Seattle to pick ours up and made a summer vacation of driving the new Recon home.

Best new vehicle break-in I ever did :)

-Steven

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Speaking of a lot of driving. We flew to Seattle to pick ours up and made a summer vacation of driving the new Recon home.

Best new vehicle break-in I ever did :)

-Steven
I’ve done similar with other vehicles but the steering quality is usually more consistent with those vehicles. :)

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’ve done similar with other vehicles but the steering quality is usually more consistent with those vehicles. :)
LOL...I hear ya! Fortunately for us the 2020 is equipped with the new steering box and is a dream to cruise the interstate with.

I will be posting a video of that trip and review of the Recon soon on the YouTube channel.

-Steven

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
LOL...I hear ya! Fortunately for us the 2020 is equipped with the new steering box and is a dream to cruise the interstate with.

I will be posting a video of that trip and review of the Recon soon on the YouTube channel.

-Steven
If it’s the AE box, some of those are hit and miss it seems too. With the Bronco coming, you’d think Jeep would be rushing a good fix to the platform or at least get the quality more consistent.

Good luck with the project. I’ll keep an eye out for updates.

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So I
Move on the last one, and fast!

Mine came equipped with safety which I would not have ordered. The dealer gave me a little on that and told I would make it up on resell as in a couple of years, safety will be mandatory.

Nice sales pitch I thought! Good luck, hoping we see some pics of your new REcon soon.

-Steven
So I just went to place a deposit on the second one at this particular dealer and they sold it. The second one they sold that I wanted to buy - dealer is like 15 minutes from my house and I cannot get there fast enough to secure a car!

LOL - I don’t think getting a Jeep is in the cards for me - really wanted a recon and you can’t order them and they just sell as soon as they are build. I did find another with Safety but no advanced safety - and for the reasons above those are part of the options I want. Really really frustrated.

On another note with all of these Jeeps selling like crazy in Florida the auto economy must be great! That is good I guess.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So I

So I just went to place a deposit on the second one at this particular dealer and they sold it. The second one they sold that I wanted to buy - dealer is like 15 minutes from my house and I cannot get there fast enough to secure a car!

LOL - I don’t think getting a Jeep is in the cards for me - really wanted a recon and you can’t order them and they just sell as soon as they are build. I did find another with Safety but no advanced safety - and for the reasons above those are part of the options I want. Really really frustrated.

On another note with all of these Jeeps selling like crazy in Florida the auto economy must be great! That is good I guess.
Ahh, damn! Every day they are getting harder and harder to find.

It sucks that a dealership cannot take a hold from you and give you a chance to get there. It is good autos are selling.

-Steven

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hey All,

I just posted a new first impressions/review video of the 2020 Recon. Head over to my YouTube channel and check it out. You'll find it under 'Come Along With Us'

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Recon Untitled Design

-Steven

ClusterHead

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal JLUR Recon, 2014 HD Street Bob, Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Data Managenet Lead
Vehicle Showcase
Having a flashlight within easy reach is a must. Next up, getting my flashlight right where I want it.

For this upgrade, I'll be using Quadratec's Flashlight Mount. Here's a look...

This mount snaps onto the seat rails and secures via clamp bolt.

-Steven
I installed that same one in my Recon, nice choice.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I installed that same one in my Recon, nice choice.
Hey David! I love the idea of having a flashlight available in the Jeep, in town, on the trails, whatever.

I was running the Max-3 flashlight bracket on my JK and loved that it mounted to bottom of the seat. Strangely, they moved the mounting position to the roll bar. Quadratec stepped right in with a good simple design. It's the little things right?

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hey All! I wanted to pass along something that may benefit any and all.

If anyone is interested in buying anything from the Rock Slide Engineering product line, I can save you 10%.

Here's how, simply use the code: ExpeditionBuilds10 when you checkout on the RSE site. Simple and no gimmicks.

We set this up through my YouTube channel and it's available anytime and to anyone.

-Steven

Reconatrek

First Name
Mamba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Hello! Enjoying watching your build. I picked up a Recon in early July and am absolutely loving the vehicle and this build journey. I’m taking a couple ideas from yours already (hope you don’t mind!), the red Mag on the side of the seat to compliment the other red accents is right on target.

Question, how do you like the M.O.R.E. Extinguisher holder now that you’ve been able to live with it for a little bit? Are the bungees sufficient to securely hold it in place? Interior rattles are the bane of my existence...
Sponsored