Rock Slide Engineering

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Do any of you have any personal experience with Rock Slide Engineering slider steps? Especially in an area with snow. I plan on getting the sliders with the skid step. If these are garbage I will keep looking. I also like GenRight aluminum sliders but their not available for a 2 door JL yet.
Sponsored

Cali-JeepJL

First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Do any of you have any personal experience with Rock Slide Engineering slider steps? Especially in an area with snow. I plan on getting the sliders with the skid step. If these are garbage I will keep looking. I also like GenRight aluminum sliders but their not available for a 2 door JL yet.
I have them. I had one side freeze up during a big blizzard. RSE replaced it, but i haven’t been back in a big storm/very cold enviro since.

I was up in the snow again last weekend and noticed that the hinge seems to get sticky.

Otherwise I love the RSE and couldn’t live without them. So far no problems since the replacement from RSE... Fingers crossed.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a set but I’m in Texas. I will be able to tell you shortly if the sun affects them!. Quality stuff! Little noisy when they close but as one guy said, “you know the landing gear is up!”

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have them and there is a thread here somewhere I started. Driver side was sticking, nor going up all the way, not coming down all the way etc.

They sent me a link how to lubricate the steps. It didn’t fix it immediately but did after about a couple days of use. I now keep them lubed and have had no issues.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
I had them after I lifted my JKU and ran them for 2 years. I wished I had kept my metal cloak steps.. I had all kinds of issues with mine. Here they are......

I replaced the main controller in the first month. Then the drivers side motor failed which RSE replaced. Then the passenger side failed shortly after that. Both replaced by RSE. Mine closed really hard and were loud. Made a clunk so loud and hard that I could feel it and hear it close.Even after greasing and new motors it never really operated correctly. The drivers side would sometimes get stuck halfway when deployed. Also the magnets would constantly move outa place so I siliconed them in place.

After all this RSE stopped all contact with me, even tho I still was having issues. They are sturdy look great and make it easy to get in the Jeep. I think they are over priced for what they are. I may be a minority in the issues I had. Others may have had 0 issues. The newest generation may have been improved. These issues made me purchase LoD step sliders instead, and couldn’t be happier and saved a bunch of $$$ too..
Sponsored