True. I grabbed mine for way less but I’ve seen them go for more too

Rockywoolf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon
Be careful if removing bolts from the frame to install sliders. I have heard many stories that the forward bolts have a tendency to break off that will require major work to fix. I took mine to the dealer so if they broke them they would have to fix.

Sponsored

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I'll second the Ace Engineering

OP
OP

Babar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Sequoia
Be careful if removing bolts from the frame to install sliders. I have heard many stories that the forward bolts have a tendency to break off that will require major work to fix. I took mine to the dealer so if they broke them they would have to fix.
Thanks. If I heat up the bolts with a propane torch will that soften the loc-tite?

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I just ordered a 2020 Willis version (2 door manual). It comes standard with rock rails, but my wife, who is short, wants nerf bars with steps. I don’t think I need the rails since almost all of my off-road driving will be forest trails - no rocky terrain around here. Are the rock rails just bolted on and easy to remove, or are they welded or otherwise attached?
I believe there are 3 bolts on each one, simple removal. Be careful, even the stock ones are heavy.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
That's the beauty of going with the Roam brand, as you do not need to deal with those broken bolt nightmares installing them at home.

Sponsored

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like this idea but didn’t see any steps on the ace engineering website that bolted on to the existing rails. Has anyone seen these steps from another manufacture?
https://aceengineeringandfab.com/collections/jl-products/products/jl-rock-sliders-4-door
Here's what I have, they bolt on and sit below the Rubi Rails - now if you are looking for just STEPS and not full rails/sliders, that's a different story. And I've never seen any steps that bolt onto the rails.

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. If I heat up the bolts with a propane torch will that soften the loc-tite?
I just did this yesterday. I heated up the front bolts with a torch for 5 minutes before trying to get them off. Then I worked them a little back and forth before really wrenching hard. They still may a couple of noises that scared me, but they came off. One of the back ones also made some racket so I heated that one up too. I think the problem with the ones that broke off was that they were cross threaded by the factory. I love the look and not having to drill.
Sponsored