Sponsored

Replacement Audio System Questions (Upgrade from Alpine)

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Update to my reply above. Got the two 3.5 inch dash MBQuart speakers installed last night. What an upgrade over factory! They sound so crisp and clean and not that muffled sound from the stock speakers. The capacitor was included. I may upgrade the remaining ones sooner than later.

Vehicle Kits | MB Quart

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement Audio System Questions (Upgrade from Alpine) speaker1.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement Audio System Questions (Upgrade from Alpine) speaker2.JPG
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
That is great news. I am a big fan of MB quart and have been waiting for some thing like the full kit. Some coin though. The Alpine is ok. I hear it just fine with the top of and above 25 on the volume. I just want a higher quality sound over all and this full kit seems like it would do that. Looking forward to hearing more feedback on the full kit. Would really like to hear a demo of it in a JL.

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That is great news. I am a big fan of MB quart and have been waiting for some thing like the full kit. Some coin though. The Alpine is ok. I hear it just fine with the top of and above 25 on the volume. I just want a higher quality sound over all and this full kit seems like it would do that. Looking forward to hearing more feedback on the full kit. Would really like to hear a demo of it in a JL.
Well, if you're ever in North Texas, swing by and I'll let you have a listen :)

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I am a bit underwhelmed by the factory Alpine system on the JL, so I'm looking to upgrade. I'd prefer to keep the factory head unit, if possible, and just upgrade amp and speakers. I would consider upgrading the subwoofer as well. I want to hear the audio clearly while driving with the windows down or top off and the alpine system is not sufficient for that. Does anyone have recommendations on audio systems?

I did search on here, but the results only produced one viable option...looked like the person did not have the alpine system to start with, and sounded like they were underwhelmed with the final outcome.

Looking for alternatives to this kit:
MBQJ-STG6A-1: 800 Watt Six Speaker OEM Upgrade Jeep® Wrangler (JL) / Gladiator (JT) Tuned Audio | MB Quart

Thanks in advance!

-Ryan
Quite a few of us have installed this system over the last few days and we are all still working out the kinks to determine if it is worth it. Here is the thread. Go to the last few pages.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/adding-an-aftermarket-amp-s.6568/page-72#post-1508991

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Imo, that mb quarts system looks very overpriced for a subless system. That's more than I spent upgrading my factory alpine system, and I got a 3 way front Morel system, 2x kicker 4 channel amps, 2x JL 10tw3, and a kicker 800w sub amp, all over built OFC wiring, and full dsp control. Whatever you decide to do, the biggest limitation on sound system if the factory amp. It limits your volume, eq, and has a built in bass cutoff curve as the volume goes up. Do yourself a favor and throw in a RF DRS1 to bypass that amp and give yourself tuning control.

Sponsored

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I finished my install this weekend. No real experience but I am a good online learner and the instructions I got with everything made it easy. I replaced all the Alpine speakers and added the following

PAC-AMP-PRO wiring bypass was $250
FOCUS ES165K Components x2 ( One set for dash and one for Bar) @ $850 ea
JL AUDIO VX700/5i. Powers it all, including the sub. $1299.99
JL AUDIO AMP RACK for under the seat. $140

All in all it was about $3,000 after tax and other things like new wire and such. Totally kicks the Alpine's ass. So loud and absolutely clear as can be. I have had 3 or 4 people say "what the hell you got in here"

Now to swap the alpine sub for the Jl audio. Not doing the Stealth as I do not like the look where it sticks up past the side of the window when the Sky one touch rear panels are out.

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I finished my install this weekend. No real experience but I am a good online learner and the instructions I got with everything made it easy. I replaced all the Alpine speakers and added the following

PAC-AMP-PRO wiring bypass was $250
FOCUS ES165K Components x2 ( One set for dash and one for Bar) @ $850 ea
JL AUDIO VX700/5i. Powers it all, including the sub. $1299.99
JL AUDIO AMP RACK for under the seat. $140

All in all it was about $3,000 after tax and other things like new wire and such. Totally kicks the Alpine's ass. So loud and absolutely clear as can be. I have had 3 or 4 people say "what the hell you got in here"

Now to swap the alpine sub for the Jl audio. Not doing the Stealth as I do not like the look where it sticks up past the side of the window when the Sky one touch rear panels are out.
Which jl, and where are you mounting it?

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Recently got the full speaker MB Quart upgrade, the one minus the amp. I already replaced my stock Alpine dash speakers with the Infinity Reference 3032 cfx, which were a significant improvement. Decided to swap them out for the MB Quarts just to compare. First off, side by side, the Infiniti have a larger magnet, with the MB Quarts' only slightly larger than stock. The sound on the Infiniti turned out to be slightly fuller than the MB Quarts, which isn't surprising when you view them side by side. To be fair, I haven't replaced any other speakers yet. Perhaps the MB Quart dash speakers will sound better when voice matched with the replacement knee panel and roll bar speakers.

Sponsored

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
Update to my reply above. Got the two 3.5 inch dash MBQuart speakers installed last night. What an upgrade over factory! They sound so crisp and clean and not that muffled sound from the stock speakers. The capacitor was included. I may upgrade the remaining ones sooner than later.

Vehicle Kits | MB Quart

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement Audio System Questions (Upgrade from Alpine) speaker2.JPG

I have my dash speakers coming today is the capacitor recommended?

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I have my dash speakers coming today is the capacitor recommended?
You do not need the capacitor. The factory amp crosses the signal over, only higher frequencies are sent to the dash speakers anyway. Assuming you have the alpine factory system.

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
You do not need the capacitor. The factory amp crosses the signal over, only higher frequencies are sent to the dash speakers anyway. Assuming you have the alpine factory system.
I do have the alpine and I did use the capacitor. I seen your post after I installed. Does it matter either way?

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I do have the alpine and I did use the capacitor. I seen your post after I installed. Does it matter either way?
No it doesn't matter, it just won't do anything.