wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So going to instal an Warn winch. If you have relocated the winch control box, where did you mount it? Looking for ideas. Plan to install the winch on Tuesday. I was thinking about mounting it inside the Jeep just under the passenger seat.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning on a warn zeon 10s, with the synthetic line and hardwired remote. I've been on the fence with relocating the controller, but your recently shared experience has gotten me more convinced of its merits. Than again, my tendency to being a bit over analytical brings the thought of how much energy your controller absorbed that might've kept the condenser from folding deeper and also taking out the radiator.

Anyways, if I do that relocation, it will definitely go under the hood right next to the power interrupt solenoid that will run the winch. It's all waterproof/resistant and not going into the cabin results in a cleaner and more straight forward install. I also always prefer the shortest amount of wire runs when dealing with high Amp components. And regardless of whether or not you use a power solenoid, putting the controller in the cab will require those higher Amp battery cables to be routed back and forth, not to mention having them in close proximity to passengers.

JLUMich

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
Did either of you relocate your control box? Pics?
I'm spitballing winch install ideas right now.
Thanks

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
It's easy to move. You will have to buy a new cable kit from Warn, but that's it.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Did either of you relocate your control box? Pics?
I'm spitballing winch install ideas right now.
Thanks
I'm moving my control box to behind the fog light on the driver's side. It requires buying longer cables, and I'm using fog light close out plates to mount it to.
Sponsored