• Total voters

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Just curious what color interests you more out of the two new colors Earl and Reign? Two totally different vibes. I feel like Earl is the bigger mystery color.

Which do you think will look better in person? 🤔

I like both for different reasons. If I was ordering a Wrangler right now and didn't have my Gobi XR it would be a hard decision.
Sponsored

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
I actually really like what I've seen of Reign, but my wife didn't want purple, so we ordered Earl. Two totally different colors with different vibes.

MrHifi

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7
I am holding off ordering until I actually see Earl. Build a Jeep on the website, Earl looks good but I got to see it in real life first

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Earl all the way!! (Paint chips of Earl below!)

Jeep Wrangler JL Reign or Earl? F0F1CD30-447E-4777-8549-120993B296E5

Jeep Wrangler JL Reign or Earl? F0F1CD30-447E-4777-8549-120993B296E5
Jesus. Even in both of your pictures it looks completely different.

So which pic is more accurate of the in person color the top or bottom? 🤔🤣

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
We ordered a Reign Freedom Edition with Sky one touch to replace my wife's 21 Sarge Green Freedom edition.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I am holding off ordering until I actually see Earl. Build a Jeep on the website, Earl looks good but I got to see it in real life first
Keep an eye on the Earl thread, we will be posting pictures as soon as all of our jeeps arrive!! If you are interested, in checking it out, you can buy Reign & Earl chips (and pretty much any OEM paint). Here is a link for you!

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
In that sample Earl looks to me like another gray. In the renderings on the Jeep site I thought it was more like an ice blue which I thought looked pretty good.

photogal

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Photographer
I like Reign, but I think the novelty of it would wear off quickly. I also took into consideration the fact that I live on a gravel and dirt road, and here in Santa Fe, we have a lot of dust, so it will show less on Earl. I also feel that if I want to add any decals or graphics that it will be easier to find things I like for the Earl versus the Reign.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I would probably go with Earl because it looks just like Ford's Cactus Gray or Toyota's Lunar Rock.

I had a Lunar Rock TRD Pro I traded for my Jeep and loved the color the entire time I had it. I believe Reign is a metallic paint, and because of that, I am out. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of metallics on off road vehicles because of the difficulty of paint matching after damage.

Although, I always seem to pick colors that are difficult to match anyways, so it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reign or Earl? 1662947599062

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
In that sample Earl looks to me like another gray. In the renderings on the Jeep site I thought it was more like an ice blue which I thought looked pretty good.
It definitely has blue coming through to me 🤷🏽‍♀️. It really seems to depend on the lighting & what you compare it against. Straight up grey is just a different tone/shade of black and has no other colour mixed in except for white. This chip is definitely more than black & white mixed together in some variation.
I like Reign, but I think the novelty of it would wear off quickly. I also took into consideration the fact that I live on a gravel and dirt road, and here in Santa Fe, we have a lot of dust, so it will show less on Reign. I also feel that if I want to add any decals or graphics that it will be easier to find things I like for the Earl versus the Reign.
I had a similar thought, plus on a practical note for me, where I live we average a minimum of 30°C in the summer, and as lovely as Reign it just looked too dark for me on that front. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It definitely has blue coming through to me 🤷🏽‍♀️. It really seems to depend on the lighting & what you compare it against. Straight up grey is just a different tone/shade of black and has no other colour mixed in except for white. This chip is definitely more than black & white mixed together in some variation.

I had a similar thought, plus on a practical note for me, where I live we average a minimum of 30°C in the summer, and as lovely as Reign it just looked too dark for me on that front. 🤷🏽‍♀️
We get to 35C here sometimes in the summer, but then -30C around here on occasion in the winter, so that dark might come in handy sometimes... :)

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
We get to 35C here sometimes in the summer, but then -30C around here on occasion in the winter, so that dark might come in handy sometimes... :)
Lol, we get -20 or so in our winter here.... But I'd rather deal with the light coloured car in the winter over a too dark car in the summer!🤣🙊

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Lol, we get -20 or so in our winter here.... But I'd rather deal with the light coloured car in the winter over a too dark car in the summer!🤣🙊
Fair enough. We'll get 'em together sometime and take some side-by-side glamor shots. 👍 📸
Sponsored