First Name
Fixer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 KJ, 2023 JL on order
I feel that . If it was darker like this all the time…just take my $$$

E3D056BE-BFA8-4191-9928-ED908A4FF916.jpeg
Yeah, it's Shut Up and Take My Money time. We emailed our dealer our build list and told him we would sign the papers and send the deposit the day orders open.
Sponsored

Jeepher

First Name
Destiny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Oh and that’s Lindsey down at Dan Cummin’s in Paris. She ordered a $hit ton of pink Jeeps. Barely anyone could beat their pricing AND she knew what the hell was going on.
So many dealerships had zero clue about our questions when we called. While I didn’t go through her, I used Gupton and they were great.
Purple fans, rejoice!

Earl grey(gray? Blue? Green?) Fans rejoice!

Screenshot_20220609-080805_Facebook.jpg
Oh and that’s Lindsey down at Dan Cummins in Paris, KY. She ordered a $hit ton of pink Jeeps. Barely anyone could beat their pricing AND she knew what the hell was going on.
So many dealerships had zero clue about our questions when we called. While I didn’t go through her, I used Gupton and they were great.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Fun fact about Punk'n: It contains glass flakes. It looks "solid" but actually flares a bit due to the glass. So if you add metal flake, you're essentially making a different color (which I agree would look cool).

“(Mark Allen) was looking for a new orange space that was unique from what we have produced in the past for FCA vehicles. He didn’t want an orange color that flared too red, or yellow or just went brown,” said La Shirl Turner, Head of Advance Color & Materials. “Punk’n, although it resembles a ‘solid’ color, actually has glass flakes in its chemistry. When the sun hits it, it has a great flash of shimmer!”
Once the color was proposed, the FCA Product Design Office’s Advanced Color & Materials team worked closely with FCA’s paint supplier PPG to get the perfect orange exterior color. It took between six and eight months to get it just right and not have the color appear with too much chroma or have it go flat.
And paint shops will curse your mother for you asking them to paint match it. The factory machines actually applied my paint as a bit of a gradient making things even more difficult.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
I was hoping that updating the website to show the 2023 builds would be when they show the new colors but I guess they’re waiting for some event to show it off or something? Idk how they’ve done it in the past. I just wanna know final colors in the sun and such, and what models Reign will be on!

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Really like the Earl color , stupid name. color looks more green which I like. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a 392 in Earl 🤞

Last edited:

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I tried ordering a 2023 392XR in the Grante Crystal and was told it is not available... Makes no sense...
When? I was able to order a granite crystal unlimited Willy’s on 6/9

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1985 CJ-7, 1993 JGCLL, 2012 JGCLL 5.7
Occupation
Retired
When? I was able to order a granite crystal unlimited Willy’s on 6/9
I have the dealer checking every week... Guess I'll just wait for the new midcycle colors or default to sting-grey.

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the dealer checking every week... Guess I'll just wait for the new midcycle colors or default to sting-grey.
Oh okay yeah I ordered and got my vin on already on 6/28 from jeep chat for my 23 granite willys

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1985 CJ-7, 1993 JGCLL, 2012 JGCLL 5.7
Occupation
Retired
Oh okay yeah I ordered and got my vin on already on 6/28 from jeep chat for my 23 granite willys
Congratulations!!! Beautiful color for the Jeep... Not sure what the deal is with the Granite and the 392... My guess is that they are going to push out a similar color for the Anniversary Edition midcycle. It also looks like the sting-grey might have a change leaning towards metallic when you look at and compare the 2022s vs 2023s on the jeep website.

Sponsored

StaceyLynn13

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations!!! Beautiful color for the Jeep... Not sure what the deal is with the Granite and the 392... My guess is that they are going to push out a similar color for the Anniversary Edition midcycle. It also looks like the sting-grey might have a change leaning towards metallic when you look at and compare the 2022s vs 2023s on the jeep website.
I personally think sting grey is going to stay a staple color as it’s the only flat grey. Unless they add a different shade. Since they got rid of billet silver and added silver Zynith that was a change. And they are adding Earl which is lighter I feel like sting grey would remain the same but who knows. And granite too seems like those two are staple grey colors. That’s just my opinion. I also never trust the websites depiction of the colors

Last edited:

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Hey a couple of things. First off, the color Sting Gray will not change. It is color code PDN. It's called Destroyer Gray on Dodge's. It sounds like Jeep tried updating some of their images on the site to theoretically be more accurate, so that would be the explanation for the different look there. The paint itself will be the same.

Regarding granite, I don't have any actual info, but I did want to point out that what is happening right now feels exactly like what happened with Billet silver last spring when it was ultimately discontinued. I remember well because I tried unsuccessfully to order Billet for a couple of weeks.

The other interesting thing was that when Billet ended, Gecko immediately became available. As if it had feed up a slot on the assembly line or something. So I'm actually wondering between the granite situation and the Reign paint shop pics, if Reign might actually become available shortly. Haha but who knows?

tlzfjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport, 2023 JLUR on order.
It would be great if Jeep offered the same pallette of colors that Dodge has for the Charger and Challenger.....13 different colors!!!!!

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Anyone know of what event/when they could be planning to reveal the new colors? Something for us to look forward to? Maybe like the Bantam Jeep event thing (or something of the likes)?

just give me something to look forward to, damnit!!!!

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey Everyone,

I just posted a new thread, but thought I should check in here as well to let you know BOTH Reign and Earl Gray are available to order!

If you're looking for a smoking deal, then email me your build at [email protected]
I'm really looking forward to these colors, so I'm super excited to see how you all are going to spec your Jeeps with these colors.
Sponsored