JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
It definitely has blue coming through to me 🤷🏽‍♀️. It really seems to depend on the lighting & what you compare it against. Straight up grey is just a different tone/shade of black and has no other colour mixed in except for white. This chip is definitely more than black & white mixed together in some variation.

I had a similar thought, plus on a practical note for me, where I live we average a minimum of 30°C in the summer, and as lovely as Reign it just looked too dark for me on that front. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Sounds like the bottom picture you posted is the more accurate depiction of what it looks like in real life. That's my guess. If so it's what I thought it looks like this entire time.
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Earl looks like Battleship grey.

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
I liked Earl based on what the configurator's image looked like. I was seriously considering it because I had already selected Hydro Blue for the Rubicon I ordered and my wife didn't seem too excited about it. She's seen Hydro in the wild but I'm outside the US currently and haven't seen it. I mentioned to her that I was thinking about changing the color of my order because the pictures of Hydro that started popping up on the forum wasn't to my liking. She looked up Earl and both colors showed up in the results and she wanted Reign. After much thought I decided that the configurator's image of Reign would be similar to Hydro in that it's probably a darker color than what is shown. With that very scientific research ;) I decided to call my salesman and changed my color to Reign!
It seems, now that pictures are surfacing of both colors, that I made the right decision for me. I like the fact that Reign is a limited run also. It seems like everyone has been ordering Hydro lately and I want something different. But my perspective may be off because I'm not seeing Jeeps on the street out here. Only through the eyes of the forum. Thank you everyone for posting pictures as you get them. :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I liked Earl based on what the configurator's image looked like. I was seriously considering it because I had already selected Hydro Blue for the Rubicon I ordered and my wife didn't seem too excited about it. She's seen Hydro in the wild but I'm outside the US currently and haven't seen it. I mentioned to her that I was thinking about changing the color of my order because the pictures of Hydro that started popping up on the forum wasn't to my liking. She looked up Earl and both colors showed up in the results and she wanted Reign. After much thought I decided that the configurator's image of Reign would be similar to Hydro in that it's probably a darker color than what is shown. With that very scientific research ;) I decided to call my salesman and changed my color to Reign!
It seems, now that pictures are surfacing of both colors, that I made the right decision for me. I like the fact that Reign is a limited run also. It seems like everyone has been ordering Hydro lately and I want something different. But my perspective may be off because I'm not seeing Jeeps on the street out here. Only through the eyes of the forum. Thank you everyone for posting pictures as you get them. :like:
I like Reign. Love the fact that it is limited order as well. My main issue with it is it's a Dark Purple that will show every scratch and rock chip known to man. I think it would be a pain to keep looking new. Like black. And I wouldn't want that in an off roading vehicle.

Colors like Gobi, Earl and even Fords Cactus Grey for example hide everything pretty well and will look new longer. Plus i really like the look of those non metallic billiard ceramic gloss paints on off road vehicles.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If I was ordering this year I think my daughters would have a fit I didn’t order reign. In their defense it does seem like the more fun color for a Jeep.