Sponsored

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
Hey Everyone,

I just posted a new thread, but thought I should check in here as well to let you know BOTH Reign and Earl Gray are available to order!

If you're looking for a smoking deal, then email me your build at [email protected]
I'm really looking forward to these colors, so I'm super excited to see how you all are going to spec your Jeeps with these colors.

Do you happen to know if the Rubicion standard wheel WGQ is available to order yet?
Sponsored

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Robicon
I don‘t see the value in creating names for colors that tell you nothing about the color. I understand calling a tan “sand”, or a gray“slate” — or even “candy apple red”... but,

Earl = gray? WTF? (What percentage of the Jeep-buying population immediately thinks of Earl Grey tea?)

Reign = Purple? (Reference to Prince? Really? Barf.)

Shall we call plain old white “Barry””, or maybe “Shovel”?

…. I think Jeep’s artistic marketing wing is on a permanent acid trip. What I don‘t understand is who this stuff appeals to or why corporate management tolerates it.
Reign is a reference to the fact that purple was a color for royalty, when purple dyes were very hard to come by. Reign as in the reign of a monarch, not rain as in purple rain.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I expect it to be the same purple they offered on the Challenger.

1654778992393.png
My wife had one that color...Was "Plum Crazy". Not big on purple myself, but it looked amazing on the Challenger, she named him "Barney".

Some colors just work on some vehicles, while it doesn't on others.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Reign is a reference to the fact that purple was a color for royalty, when purple dyes were very hard to come by. Reign as in the reign of a monarch, not rain as in purple rain.
horse-dead-gif.gif

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Do you happen to know if the Rubicion standard wheel WGQ is available to order yet?
The WGQ 17X7.5 Machined/Painted Black Whls are the standard option, and from what I just tried on my end (2023 Wrangler Rubicon, 3.6L Auto), it didn't force me into the WGM 17X7.5 Machined Whls w Black Pockets. Looks like you're good to order with the standard Rims then.

Sponsored

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My wife had one that color...Was "Plum Crazy". Not big on purple myself, but it looked amazing on the Challenger, she named him "Barney".

Some colors just work on some vehicles, while it doesn't on others.
It looked awesome on the Challenger, but I'm stoked for the Wrangler to finally get it.
Also, Love the name =)

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Can a gladiator be ordered in the purple?! 🙏🙏🙏

*edit: also, the colors aren’t showing on the configuration site yet. At least not on my end?

Last edited:

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)

Sponsored