First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I sent EZTRUNK an email this morning. Asked price and availability.
Also want to know if it will fit with a Tuffy Tailgate box?

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
Looks nice and clean. How do the side panels mount? Specifically the driver’s side piece. Any chance of cutting/modifying this to accommodate the MORE ARB compressor mount?
Here’s apic of mine mounted with the Tuffy enclosur.

41AFBB82-0FD1-4F93-BA52-89940207ED0E.jpeg
So in that spot underneath the top panel there’s a butterfly latch that keeps it secured to the body tub. That’s also the area where they made a compartment accessible by a lockable door. From the pic you posted, I’m going to say you probably won’t be able to modify it. But Tyler is super cool. He may be able to work with you and get exactly what you need.

Fhammadi

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Would you mind taking detailed pics of the joints and edges ? I removed my carpet and would like to know how much of a gap it woll have all around
Thanks

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
So in that spot underneath the top panel there’s a butterfly latch that keeps it secured to the body tub. That’s also the area where they made a compartment accessible by a lockable door. From the pic you posted, I’m going to say you probably won’t be able to modify it. But Tyler is super cool. He may be able to work with you and get exactly what you need.
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

Sponsored

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear storage option for JLU secure01
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear storage option for JLU secure02

I made my own from 16 gauge aluminum with a 3/4"x3/4" 16 gauge square steel subframe. All fasteners are drilled and tapped for #10x24 machine screws. Body fasteners are 8mm1.25x50mm. The top double folds similar to the slipstream and is removable. I am adding some lockable compartments in the front over the wheel wells with the extra material for small stuff like field glasses, camera etc. I have a bit more detail and then paint but it works well. The hardest part was making all the piece patterns.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
All these lockable storage options look excellent. I don't have the skills to fabricate one from scratch myself. I don't think I'm the only person in Jeepville with a rear seat recline kit in a JLU...but maybe I am. It would be awesome if at least one of these options offered a SKU that was compatible. Christmas and my birthday aren't for another 8-9 months away. Maybe someone will offer one by then, LOL! Really good job on all these storage options, though, guys! Love to see them.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Except it works with only the HT or Soft top...not both like Diabolical and Squad...for approximately the same price.
Spend your money once and buy the Diabolical.​

The Diabolical is top-tiered engineering and works so well when the back window is out and you need to lock purchases away at the shopping center.

I leave the last section un-pined so I can easily load items with the tail gate opened.

Fhammadi

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Just purchased a 2020 JL 2 weeks ago, looked everywhere and couldn’t find a lockable safe where the plastic tub sits. So I decided to build my own. 10 gauge cold rolled steel. Here’s some pics. Of beginning stages. Will send final pics when finished. P.S. also joined the cracked windshield club today ‍♂

Hey 2020 White Widow did you get to finish this thing ? Please share I'de love to see how it turned out

Sponsored

Fhammadi

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Looks awesome thanks for sharing

nomad603

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear storage option for JLU 61190551-BFF4-4338-AEE4-92CE9CBC89D0
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear storage option for JLU 61190551-BFF4-4338-AEE4-92CE9CBC89D0

I made my own from 16 gauge aluminum with a 3/4"x3/4" 16 gauge square steel subframe. All fasteners are drilled and tapped for #10x24 machine screws. Body fasteners are 8mm1.25x50mm. The top double folds similar to the slipstream and is removable. I am adding some lockable compartments in the front over the wheel wells with the extra material for small stuff like field glasses, camera etc. I have a bit more detail and then paint but it works well. The hardest part was making all the piece patterns.
@CallMeJoe, do you know how much weight can the top of the box support?

markgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks!! Yes. With the top panel off you just remove one screw and lift up the left panel and you can access the plug and wiper fluid hose.
I just installed my Squadbox 2 days ago and have discovered a major flaw. You can easily reach into the hole on the back left side that is for the hardtop connections and pull out the left top cover piece. I have contacted Tyler regarding this and he has told me they are working on a solution for that and it will be about 3 months before they have a resolution. I am not happy considering it cost over $700, I fought this thing for almost 6 hours trying to install due to the instructions being horrible, only to now discover that it is not as secure as I need it to be.

SB.jpg

Last edited:

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my Squadbox 2 days ago and have discovered a major flaw. You can easily reach into the hole on the back left side that is for the hardtop connections and pull out the left top cover piece. I have contacted Tyler regarding this and he has told me they are working on a solution for that and it will be about 3 months before they have a resolution. I am not happy considering it cost over $700, I fought this thing for almost 6 hours trying to install due to the instructions being horrible, only to now discover that it is not as secure as I need it to be.
Please keep us up to date. I was seriously considering the Squad Box.
Sponsored