Rear storage option for JLU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
The JKU had terrible back seats. Recline kits came out and were all the rage. FCA took notice and the JLU was redesigned to include more recline. It really doesn't need a recline kit. All of our JK Systems have been redesigned to work with the recline kits. When we designed the JL Kits, we knew FCA added more recline, so we left them alone. Our customer feedback was Space was more of a necessity then comfort.
The "newly reclined" rear seats still aren't great. Since I have 3 kids who sit back there I hated listening to them complain. With the car seats in place and recline kit installed, my littlest doesn't fall asleep hunched over forward now. I'm not sure exactly how much space people think you lose with a recline kit but it's minimal. Taking it out isn't going to allow me to carry anything that I can't fit in there now. But I'm just one person so you plan for the masses, I get it.
Sponsored

TGGG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The "newly reclined" rear seats still aren't great. Since I have 3 kids who sit back there I hated listening to them complain. With the car seats in place and recline kit installed, my littlest doesn't fall asleep hunched over forward now. I'm not sure exactly how much space people think you lose with a recline kit but it's minimal. Taking it out isn't going to allow me to carry anything that I can't fit in there now. But I'm just one person so you plan for the masses, I get it.
I would contact Tyler at Squadbox he answered my questions promptly.

TGGG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So I just purchased the squad box. Going to give it a shot. The owner of the company, Tyler, is awesome!! The front panel, next to the seats, can be reversed so the MOLLE panels can be accessed from inside the Jeep. I also got the rail tie down system. The top can be easily removed or flipped to hide the rails. Really excited about this product. I’ll post pics when it comes in.
Any update?

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Every security enclosure for JL that sits at the body line will not allow the Soft Top to lock in place. FCA's redesign of the Jeep has the Soft Top locking below the body line. There was so much redesigned in the JL from the JK that almost every aftermarket manufacture had to make changes to products. For the Security Enclosure manufactures, the Security was more important then locking the soft top down. We get it, we would love to have both, however, our customer feedback has been very positive. We do offer a soft top wrap that keeps it all together and customer have been pretty innovative in securing the top when down. Best I've seen so far was double sided velcro wrapped around the soft top rods and the roll bar. Keep everything in place and wasn't even noticable.
I have the Tuffy for my Sahara and the soft top locks when the roof is down. I wonder if they updated the design. I bought my soft top last September. Originally I only had the hard top.

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
Any update?
Still waiting on the unit to ship. He warned me that he was backlogged at least 2 weeks for direct orders. Then they ran into a logistical issue. (Shortage of aluminum components). With everything going on they’re having an issue getting those items back in stock. He’s giving me weekly updates but as of right now still waiting.

Sponsored

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Shipped!! Should be here Wednesday.

TGGG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It’s in!! This thing is solid as a rock!! Installation was a pain in the ass but other than that, I love it.

3B99C40B-7E94-4B97-87F0-B76CECC90974.jpeg

1181CBA9-FE6F-4957-8DC9-7281D152F2A1.jpeg

2A114ED6-1C8E-4989-A504-9413AD433EDE.jpeg

Looks really good! Looks like your running a hardtop. How hard is it to run wires and wiper hose? I mean I like the clean look and wouldn’t want it hanging out while running topless. Can you just pop panel and get harness through? Thanks

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Thanks!! Yes. With the top panel off you just remove one screw and lift up the left panel and you can access the plug and wiper fluid hose.

Sponsored

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
I struggled with the install but I called the owner of the company and he stayed on the phone with me for 20 min to help walk me through it. Super nice guy.

TGGG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I struggled with the install but I called the owner of the company and he stayed on the phone with me for 20 min to help walk me through it. Super nice guy.
If I order it's good to know that they'll help you. I know Alan from Diabolical is the same way.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
It’s in!! This thing is solid as a rock!! Installation was a pain in the ass but other than that, I love it.

3B99C40B-7E94-4B97-87F0-B76CECC90974.jpeg

1181CBA9-FE6F-4957-8DC9-7281D152F2A1.jpeg

2A114ED6-1C8E-4989-A504-9413AD433EDE.jpeg
Looks nice and clean. How do the side panels mount? Specifically the driver’s side piece. Any chance of cutting/modifying this to accommodate the MORE ARB compressor mount?
Here’s apic of mine mounted with the Tuffy enclosur.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear storage option for JLU 41AFBB82-0FD1-4F93-BA52-89940207ED0E
Sponsored