Sponsored

Rain gutters.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Black silicone - shape with an ice cube while it is wet.

CFA13E40-C7BB-498F-93BA-7A552B4BC3FF.jpeg

9787080E-35DE-4BE7-BDB5-B8B2F0E5E8BF.jpeg
Rained hard in Chattanooga yesterday and a good bit water streamed in every time I opened the door. The water came from gutter near the b pillar and not near the windshield. Are u doing anything to help this?
Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
The problem is the channel from the front windshield, not the sides
No, it comes from the front of the side channels.

Sponsored

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, what?
I thought the rain gutters are designed this way intentionally. I use it to shower off after a mud run.
Ah yes I forgot about the hygiene benefits of the engineered jeep door shower. Keeps one fresh as a daisy :rain:

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Freeze your door shut in the winter.
I don’t think it will. Yes, there might be more water directed down under the door, but it doesn’t affect the hinge nor does the water collect. Besides, Winter is pretty much over and it’s garage kept.

sirryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I used sugru...that moldable plastic stuff. Works well so far.

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I used sugru...that moldable plastic stuff. Works well so far.

Agree. I did as well. I got my finger slightly wet as I moved it smoothly onto the gutter and indented the Botton. No rain yet. I saw a few posts ago the JK solution by a company. I wonder if the JKs will fit the JL with the more raked windshield.

Sponsored

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sucks big time that when we spend like $50,000 on a wrangler, like I did on my 2020, that we have to deal w water pouring on us or inside the Jeep. Esp since they know full well of the issue for years now. Pple can act like it’s a small thing all they want, but let’s be real... it’s crap, we shouldn’t have to deal w it and we Def shouldn’t gave to be rigging up ghetto fixes. The biggest thing is sometimes you’re not just simply getting wet because it’s not just pouring on the floor mat... multiple pple have reported that they’ve had theirs bead up, stick to the a pillar and run right down it into the dash...
That’s not good at all, if that happens even once on mine I’ll be going to the dealer so it’s on file for the future if there any electrical problems. Makes me wonder how many pple have had this happen and them or their passenger hasnt seen it.

Very possible, because even with mine damned up at the front with caulk it still does it and I’m sure a lot of you are like me...after the first few times of the stream coming down I just decided that instead of being pissed off and miserable I’ve just accepted it, don’t pay attention, and just get in and out of the jeep fast to minimize the BS. I’m sure that’s been the “fix” for most of us.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Sucks big time that when we spend like $50,000 on a wrangler, like I did on my 2020, that we have to deal w water pouring on us or inside the Jeep. Esp since they know full well of the issue for years now. Pple can act like it’s a small thing all they want, but let’s be real... it’s crap, we shouldn’t have to deal w it and we Def shouldn’t gave to be rigging up ghetto fixes. The biggest thing is sometimes you’re not just simply getting wet because it’s not just pouring on the floor mat... multiple pple have reported that they’ve had theirs bead up, stick to the a pillar and run right down it into the dash...
That’s not good at all, if that happens even once on mine I’ll be going to the dealer so it’s on file for the future if there any electrical problems. Makes me wonder how many pple have had this happen and them or their passenger hasnt seen it.

Very possible, because even with mine damned up at the front with caulk it still does it and I’m sure a lot of you are like me...after the first few times of the stream coming down I just decided that instead of being pissed off and miserable I’ve just accepted it, don’t pay attention, and just get in and out of the jeep fast to minimize the BS. I’m sure that’s been the “fix” for most of us.
I am certain that FCA took enormous pains to make the JL be worth introducing their (not so) new Wrangler. Still, you're so right that the rain gutters fall really short of acceptable, using other vehicles far less high end than this SUV as the standard.

I consider this shortcoming a product of several factors:
  • The Wrangler has such universal appeal that a couple of less than ideal systems within it are tolerated by the purchasing public, so FCA does not make solving these issues a priority.
  • The Wrangler has such unchallenged competition in its market and price segment that it can get away with such things. We'll see what the Bronco does to that. I love my Wrangler. I also love how competition makes ever manufacturer bring that much more of their "A" game.
  • The "outdoorsy, a little water never hurt anyone" mindset plays well with its target market, where glossy camera shots are more likely to show its owners pulling up to a beach, or an off road site than "valet parking at a wedding, dressed to the nines." It's industrious owners, along with 3rd party vendors, have always come to the rescue in addressing its shortcomings.

Until then, there's always the ShamWow. Were it introduced today, I would have for sure recommended that Vince show it picking up all the water in a JL's rain gutter.:)

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Man some of you guys take this way too seriously. I guess I'm the weird one but literally it makes me smile every time I open the door in the rain and end up with a wet spot on my knee. It's kinda like one of those (many) quirks my wife has that a stranger might view as a defect, but I find endearing.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
N
Man some of you guys take this way too seriously. I guess I'm the weird one but literally it makes me smile every time I open the door in the rain and end up with a wet spot on my knee. It's kinda like one of those (many) quirks my wife has that a stranger might view as a defect, but I find endearing.
Not very endearing when I’m driving my Jeep and wearing dress clothes for work.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
i would like to find the person that designed the rain gutters on the hard top and punch them right in the bread basket. How smart do you have to be to design them so they dump water right inside the door as soon as you open it.
well you know it's a Jeep thing ... the worst is when it drips right on your make up I can't even imagine the pain
Sponsored