Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
So, stupid question, when I go to Furmoto, or any of the sites with the drains, they show no listing for a JL with a 3.0, but do show Gladiators. Safe to assume the same thread? You know what they say about assuming, so just want to make sure.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So, stupid question, when I go to Furmoto, or any of the sites with the drains, they show no listing for a JL with a 3.0, but do show Gladiators. Safe to assume the same thread? You know what they say about assuming, so just want to make sure.
@Riperoo

There is no such thing as a "stupid question". It is stupid not to ask, if you have a ?

All, JL's and JTs', regardless of what engine, (Diesel or Gas) have the size oil pan drain plug thread size....

M14 - 1.50 order this size Fumoto

When you install, be sure to use the blue colored material gasket that comes with the Fumoto!

wreck99

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon, 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn
Clubs

Changing the oil on a JL is so easy already. Probably the easiest oil change I've done yet in a car next to my GC. But that required ramps lol.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Again a ā€˜plugā€™ for the ValvoMax. I use the Fumoto as well on a couple vehicles, but I surely wouldnā€™t go off-road with that not being fully shielded with some kind of belly armor.

Sponsored

Casper_

First Name
Casper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 2024
Again a ā€˜plugā€™ for the ValvoMax. I use the Fumoto as well on a couple vehicles, but I surely wouldnā€™t go off-road with that not being fully shielded with some kind of belly armor.
I had Fumoto on my JK, I have it on my 392, but I also had/have belly armor. I wouldn't use it without it.

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
I have a Fumoto installed but I'm switching to a lower profile oil fitting designed to hold a drain tube securely. ValvoMax, Stahlbus and NoSpill all have an integrated drain tube and seem to be lower profile than Fumoto.

The beauty of using a quick opening drain valve is draining the oil straight down a tube into a container without spills. I still need a small drip pan for the filter and filter housing drips, but the sump can drain straight into a container. Simplifies and speeds up oil changes which stay cleaner.

The Fumoto doesn't hold the drain tube securely enough if you have the long spout version, but hardly at all if you use the shorter spout version to try to reduce how much the spout hangs below the pan.

The other difference is the petcock valve the Fumoto uses versus ValvoMax's check-ball valve (looks similar to Stahlbus and NoSpill). Not sure if that's a functional difference that makes one valve better than the other.

https://www.valvomax.com/
https://www.amazon.com/ValvoMax-Oil...e&sprefix=stahlbus,automotive,204&sr=1-9&th=1

https://nospillsystems.com/design-specifications/

https://www.amazon.com/Stahlbus-Dra...&keywords=Stahlbus&qid=1711779378&sr=8-1&th=1

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The Fumoto doesn't hold the drain tube securely enough if you have the long spout version, but hardly at all if you use the shorter spout version to try to reduce how much the spout hangs below the pan.
You'll want to purchase a length of vinyl tubing with a fractionally smaller inside diameter. The one I keep on hand needs a firm press to install it, even when the valve is well-heated. The fit is almost too snug, but that also guarantees it will stay in place even when errantly bumped.

Since we like links, this is what I purchased. The Fumoto on my Jeep has the regular-length nipple.

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
You'll want to purchase a length of vinyl tubing with a fractionally smaller inside diameter. The one I keep on hand needs a firm press to install it, even when the valve is well-heated. The fit is almost too snug, but that also guarantees it will stay in place even when errantly bumped.

Since we like links, this is what I purchased. The Fumoto on my Jeep has the regular-length nipple.
good link, thanks. The tube I'm using looks similar and was part of a simple tube kit Fumoto sells. The Fumoto tube kit included a couple plastic fittings that snap onto the brass lip of the Fumoto. The tube by itself worked better than the plastic fittings did, and stays on the longer spout fairly well at first, but not well enough to be secure and starts to slip off if you have to move the drain can a little. The tube doesn't stay on the short spout at all.

I considered looking for a slightly tighter fitting tube to make the Fumoto work, but instead for the Jeep I switched to the ValvoMax for various reasons. Stahlbus and NoSpill look like they have similar function to the ValvoMax.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve 1712796669813-ei

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve 1712796703572-b2

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve 1712796907719-6k

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve 1712796860011-t

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just bought the Fumoto oil drain valve. I often change my oil in a Walmart parking lot while doing extended travel. The normal oil drain plug puts oil all over the skid plate. This way I can drain it right in to a plastic jug with a drain hose. Far less mess.

I was changing my oil one time in an O'Riely's parking lot and a big gust of wind picked up and blew oil all over me. My face and complete covered my upper body. Oil all over the parking lot. huge fucking mess. had to throw my shirt away. O'Riely's was cool about it. I went in bought a bag of oil dry and one of the guys came out and helped me clean up their parking lot.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Anyone use a toolless oil drain valve, or know who makes one? Changing every 5K now, it'll just make it go quicker. Thank you.
I've been using this guy on a Wrangler the last two oil changes, it's been amazing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve Screenshot_20240411-053754-041

ValvoMax Quick Twist Oil Drain Valve ā€“ the Fastest, Easiest, Cleanest Way to Change Oil at Home ā€“ No Tools, No Mess, No Cleanup ā€“ for M14-1.50

It's great, unscrew the cap, stick the tube into an old 5 qt oil container, screw the other end onto the drain valve, and it starts flowing automatically. Fill-up 5 quarts, unscrew the connection point halfway until oil stops draining out, let it drip out of the tube, swap out for a new empty 5-quart container, and screw it back down, and train out the last four quarts from my EcoDiesel. Then I take the two 5-quart containers to my local auto shop, and they get rid of it for me for free.

I still use a tarp underneath while I do the oil change just in case I spill something, but the last two changes I haven't spelled anything. Makes it pretty simple and pretty easy.

I've actually been running this brand on my wife's Subaru Forester for the last 2 years. It's made clean up a breeze, and has actually shortened the oil change process by about 5 to 10 minutes depending how efficient you are.

Last edited:

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Changing the oil on a JL is so easy already. Probably the easiest oil change I've done yet in a car next to my GC. But that required ramps lol.
Just did the oil change on my M3 yesterday. Ramps are pretty much a requirementā€¦very specific ones with 3 different sections to make sure the front end clears:
Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve IMG_4629

Iā€™m with you though, I donā€™t see the need for a valve. Itā€™s not a big enough hassle to use a set of gloves and just pull the plug off. That being said, I have a feeling my new asfir engine skid might make things a bit more messy than before so a valve might be in my futureā€¦
Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Opening Oil Drain Valve IMG_4230
Sponsored