Sponsored

Question regarding the Windsheld defrost

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Maybe I got unlucky....or you got lucky :)

I've got virtually nothing blowing within about 10 inches or so on either side of the defrost vents but it blows like gangbusters in the middle. I mean, I get a little trickle on the sides but can can easily see how it won't be heavy enough to keep windshield defrosted.

When I cover the vents in the center though, I definitely notice more blowing out on the edges.

OK THAT is kind of bizarre. I picked mine up 11/22 - ordered on 10/22 and mine works across the entire strip.

IMG_1265.JPG
Sponsored

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Just chiming in on this thread as I picked up a new 2021 JULR last week.

One thing I checked right away was this defrost issue. Sure enough, heat blasts out of the center like there's no tomorrow but next to nothing on the edges of the defrost panel on the driver or passenger side. And sure enough, when you put something over those middle holes, it forces more out out the sides.

Blows my mind that Jeep has not addressed this issue when it goes back years and so many people have complained about it in this thread. There's no way they aren't aware of the problem.

Sadly, it'll probably take a major accident and some kind of lawsuit before they fix the problem.

I've purchased these socket rail plugs which seem like they'll work pretty well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3YFZXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will probably watch this thread for other solutions.
The 1/2 inch fits?
Thanks for the info

Sponsored

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I liked @Tapper881 s idea for the printed covers, so I started modeling/printing up my own as well. Trying out my latest ones today, including this center one with some "ramps" to attempt to divert the air to the sides a bit better

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding the Windsheld defrost 1606839021279
Very cool. Keep us posted. Have you found a material to print with that can handle the direct heat?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I liked @Tapper881 s idea for the printed covers, so I started modeling/printing up my own as well. Trying out my latest ones today, including this center one with some "ramps" to attempt to divert the air to the sides a bit better

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding the Windsheld defrost 1606842766991
I am all about supporting this effort. This design looks real cool. Nice touch with the grill logo too! How do we make it a reality?

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
These were just test pieces to check the airflow and fit (not looking to have green PLA on my dash)
Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding the Windsheld defrost 1606842766991
I hear ya...I have my design printed in orange PETG (only color I had in PETG) for testing ATM.

Sponsored

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I am all about supporting this effort. This design looks real cool. Nice touch with the grill logo too! How do we make it a reality?
I have already been printing prototype ones (see above) and I am now printing them in black as a "finished" print. Assuming I don't have any major changes, I'll probably put these models up on Thingiverse for anyone who wants to print them out. The only restriction really is that they are long prints, so you need a larger bed (I have to turn them 45 degrees to fit them on my print bed)

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have already been printing prototype ones (see above) and I am now printing them in black as a "finished" print. Assuming I don't have any major changes, I'll probably put these models up on Thingiverse for anyone who wants to print them out. The only restriction really is that they are long prints, so you need a larger bed (I have to turn them 45 degrees to fit them on my print bed)
For those of us that do not have a printer - would you be willing to sell them (obviously for a profit)?

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
For those of us that do not have a printer - would you be willing to sell them (obviously for a profit)?
Depending on how many people are interested, I don't think I'd have a problem printing them for people if they pay for shipping/plastic (which the plastic cost is negligible for a print like this anyway)

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Depending on how many people are interested, I don't think I'd have a problem printing them for people if they pay for shipping/plastic (which the plastic cost is negligible for a print like this anyway)
When final is complete, post it up and Im sure people would be down. But Im first on the list! ;)
Sponsored