Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We'll use this thread for any current and future production constraints that we're aware of.

April 2018 production constraints:

Please be aware that the following features are available for dealer ordering, however these features are constrained and may delay the scheduling of orders:

Jeep Wrangler (JL) ā€“ LPX (LED Headlamps)
Sponsored

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
So ordering LED headlamps in a Rubi or Sahara right now may delay delivery through May?

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
So ordering LED headlamps in a Rubi or Sahara right now may delay delivery through May?
Yeah, seriously....Adding LED headlights will now delay an order?! WTF. :angry::angry::no::computerrage::headbang:

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
@JAY what do you mean when you say April, is this for orders placed recently or for upcoming orders for production in April?

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, that sucks. I wonder if it's a supply chain issue or they didn't expect that most people will want the LED package

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Wow this 2018 wrangler looks like wonā€™t be ready till 2019. This release has been less than smoothe lol. And thatā€™s putting it politely.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
And to be clear I want one as soon as all my features are available. But if Iā€™m waiting till May/June or possibly later for the power top than I might as well wait for a 2019, Cuz your gonna lose equity on a 2018 being a MY older regardless of when you actually got it.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Wow this 2018 wrangler looks like wonā€™t be ready till 2019. This release has been less than smoothe lol. And thatā€™s putting it politely.
No kidding...I am going in to order mine on Saturday and now this crap. Hopefully it is not a long delay...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They have managed to build over 30,000 of them.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
We'll use this thread for any current and future production constraints that we're aware of.

April 2018 production constraints:

Please be aware that the following features are available for dealer ordering, however these features are constrained and may delay the scheduling of orders:

Jeep Wrangler (JL) ā€“ LPX (LED Headlamps)
Thanks. I appreciate this thread.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
However to be fair, it seems like a supplier issue, as FCA likely has no involvement in making LEDs, so they like everyone is at the mercy of their supplierā€™s abilities to meet demand.

As mentioned earlier, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if everyone expected a lot more Sport sales in the early JLUs, and when they started being very heavily weighted as fully equipped Sahara & Rubicons that they overwhelmed the projected demand.

Minor issue... but another in a multitude of minor issues... which definitely tarnishes the launch.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
However to be fair, it seems like a supplier issue, as FCA likely has no involvement in making LEDs, so they like everyone is at the mercy of their supplierā€™s abilities to meet demand.

As mentioned earlier, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if everyone expected a lot more Sport sales in the early JLUs, and when they started being very heavily weighted as fully equipped Sahara & Rubicons that they overwhelmed the projected demand.

Minor issue... but another in a multitude of minor issues... which definitely tarnishes the launch.
I am surprised by the number of Sahara's that have been built. Pretty close to the number of Sports.

Plant Production Updates - 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
As per the above, can you clarify if this is affecting every Jeep moving forward to April or they're forecasting a constraint in the April scheduled production? Thanks.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I'm glad I ordered!
Sponsored