Sponsored

Production Constraints

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
They have managed to build over 30,000 of them.
Exactly. Ordered on Jan. 16 and mine is on a railcar headed to Memphis. I'd say that's pretty good.
Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I had this big reply all made out to say if you want to order go ahead. Don't wait on LED's. Get a pair of JWSpeaker LED's. I have em in my 2015 Hard Rock. They are awesome and take 30 minutes to install but...... I went to their site and it looks like they don't have any for JL's yet. Bummer..... I'm sure there are some after market brands selling LED's for Jl's but I wouldn't trust anyone other than JWSpeaker or Mopar.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Sarcasm people, sarcasm. I was joking in my earlier post. I know they have been made already, and some are already in possession. But there has been constraints on the premium soft top, the black hard top, the power top will be delayed, and now the LEDā€™s. Let alone colors and 2.0 are late available. Just saying this hasnā€™t exactly been the smoothest launch.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Is it just me or did the LED lighting package increase by $100? The Jeep website has it at $895 now... I thought it was $795 previous. ???

Sponsored

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anyone else confirmed this? And what do u mean by April? Was a my dealer yesterday and LED package was available for order, no issues or flags in their system

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
@JAY @JLWF Dealer Guy What exactly does this mean? If I order my Jeep this weekend, will I experience a delay in my order?

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
Jay,

Will FCA change the mandatory LEDā€™s with steel bumpers to halogens or xenons whatever the default flavor is?

I could easily live without LEDā€™s.

Sponsored

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
honestly I don't mind waiting as long as I have an idea of when, we have 6 payments left on our explorer we are trading in so just means more equity and a lower payment on the jeep. Like I said though, would just like to have an idea of what this means for delivery time if we ordered now in the first week of March like we planned.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
@JAY @JLWF Dealer Guy What exactly does this mean? If I order my Jeep this weekend, will I experience a delay in my order?
I would assume it means they have stock to complete enough Jeeps till April, and the LED supplier has informed them theyā€™re on backorder till a specific date, so FCA is making people aware theyā€™re gonna run out and then there will be a slowdown till the backorder is filled.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I am surprised by the number of Sahara's that have been built. Pretty close to the number of Sports.

Plant Production Updates - 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU
Yeah, usually thereā€™s about 2:1 Sport vs Sahara.

Iā€™m actually quite surprised by the low Rubicon number especially from early Wrangler enthusiasts, especially based on the chatter in forums and vehicles on lots out here. Sure thatā€™s usually not the typical buyer, but if weā€™re looking at pre-orders and launch buyers I wouldā€™ve expected a slightly higher adoption rate, so I was expecting a high early Rubi surge and then back to typical. Looks like the Sahara is the early surge, and thatā€™s even before Sahara specific features like SelecTrac arrive.

So Rubicons are running their usual ~40% volume of Sports, but the surge is the Saharas which are usually closer to 60% with both combining to about equal Sport volume, so a few thousand Saharas more than usual sofar.

I also wonder how many more were after delivery add-ons to Sports at the dealership. Likely a bunch of people upgrading that for their long term JL ownership too.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I had this big reply all made out to say if you want to order go ahead. Don't wait on LED's. Get a pair of JWSpeaker LED's. I have em in my 2015 Hard Rock. They are awesome and take 30 minutes to install but...... I went to their site and it looks like they don't have any for JL's yet. Bummer..... I'm sure there are some after market brands selling LED's for Jl's but I wouldn't trust anyone other than JWSpeaker or Mopar.
I donā€™t think there are even alternate after-market brands (ie Chinese knockoffs) at this point that are properly sized or fitted for the JL, heck many of those cheapos donā€™t really fit the existing JK well with well known requirements.

Seeing as the JL housing is slightly larger than the JK, If I had to get it done, then Iā€™d get some TuckLites (need heating) or Speakers or older Mopar and then see if a shroud could be made to stabilize them until and official ā€˜adaperā€™ arrived. Iā€™d rather go bubble-gum and duct tape with the housing rather than the lighting tech.
Sponsored