Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yeah I was about to tell him to go job hunting, but it would have been better to lock that down about 9 months ago. I wouldn't want to be the new guy when hiring freezes turn into layoffs here soon.
I don't know about your profession, but it's incredibly challenging to find decent software engineers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Yeah I was about to tell him to go job hunting, but it would have been better to lock that down about 9 months ago. I wouldn't want to be the new guy when hiring freezes turn into layoffs here soon.
Well, I'm a Correctional Officer and I've been with the Dept for 34 years. I'm looking towards retirement so it's too late for me to start over. Raises for us are few and far between. I was hoping we'd see a decent contract after we worked all through the pandemic and had two Officers pass from Covid. Unfortunately, the state told us to pound sand.

Omarius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
I don't know about your profession, but it's incredibly challenging to find decent software engineers.
Yea my company hires new grads exclusively because they donā€™t want to compensate anyone mid level or up at market wages. Meanwhile Iā€™m tasked with the hand holding.

dustersjl

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 2 door Willys
People falling into the trap of "what do you want your payment to be?". Strech that loan out and you can get that payment down.

108mo. That's nuts. I'm a rare exception with our other vehicles being 9 and 21 years old and buying them new, so I keep vehicles until the wheels fall of. Most won't ever pay off a 72/84/108 year loan before rolling it into another vehicle loan.
Well you said most so thatā€™s fair. I usually finance most things a bit further out because of previous lean periods in my field but I usually double or triple payments by year two or three and knock it out.

Jdriggs874

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I ordered my 2022 JLU Rubicon XR with a sticker of $63,750. When it was finally delivered 6.5 months later the sticker was now for $67,500. I had price lock so that was good news for me. Today I built the same Jeep as a 2023. Now the sticker is $69,322!

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
On the other hand they do hold value well. My ā€˜20 manual Rubicon thatā€™s 2.5 years old is currently valued at almost the same price I paid for it. With 80k miles on it. :surprised: Have gotten offers to buy it. Never happening but it blows my mind.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
My model doesn't exist anymore, but the 80th was similar price with options as the Sport Altitude. The price has gone up about $4500 since I bought it last spring.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Yea my company hires new grads exclusively because they donā€™t want to compensate anyone mid level or up at market wages. Meanwhile Iā€™m tasked with the hand holding.
Same thing happens to my daughter. She is a manager at a CPA firm. The company only hires kids right out of school and she said she spends all day chasing after their mistakes.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I ordered my 2022 JLU Rubicon XR with a sticker of $63,750. When it was finally delivered 6.5 months later the sticker was now for $67,500. I had price lock so that was good news for me. Today I built the same Jeep as a 2023. Now the sticker is $69,322!
That's unbelievable. Something has to give at some point. In a few years a Jeep Wrangler will be a $100k vehicle?

Sponsored

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Plus used car values, are up approx. 40%. There doesnā€™t seem to be any end in sight. But because of the interest rate hike, home prices may level off, or even drop some.
This is something that should never, ever happen. But leave it to politicians and central bankers to wildly distort pricing in ways that no rational mind could ever understand. They are destroying the middle class and the poor in record fashion. "You will own nothing and be happy" is their mantra. Best of luck to everybody.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
What's next, 20 year loans on cars? If you can't afford it on a 4 year loan, you can't afford it. Buy a $3,500 car and save some money for a while.
Honest question, but can you even find $3,500 used cars these days?

Bought several at that pricing back in the 90s and even then, they were all reconstructed R-titles. But yeah, otherwise I agree with your sentiment about not financing vehicles for many years on end.
Sponsored