Oy the prices!

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Just for fun I priced out a new Rubicon in auto. I figured used resale is high so I’ll do some quick math.
Now they’re charging an upcharge for the Rubicon wheels that were standard on my 2018?
Glad to see at least now you can order different gears so as to not have to regear separately. But overall prices seem quite high.
I’ll hang onto mine for a bit longer
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Yup, the previously free/standard wheel for the Rubicon is now an $1,100 option, with the 4xe wheel now being the standard offering. And pretty much every option has gone up in price significantly over the past year. Other than the now standard Premium Audio group on the Rubicon and the new 1" flag sticker, nothing is really new or improved to warrant the higher cost (no 20th Anniv. edition badging, no i6T engine, no updated uConnect).

Might not sting as bad if we were actually getting the eventually mandatory safety groups thrown in as standard, but they're not even doing that (prices will certainly spike again when that happens). I know the cost of everything has gone up and most auto manufacturers have already raised their prices, but imo, Jeep's multiple price hikes on the Wrangler have been a bit excessive when compared to everyone else.

desmomini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 2.0l
Not to mention, the Rubicon currently does not have a standard wheel, despite what the "Build and Price" page suggests. When speccing my 2023, I asked three separate dealers to build it with stock wheels; each individually confirmed they were unable to do so in their actual order system, and were instead forced to check the optional wheel box - the so-called standard wheels were not configurable.

ELJL

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yup, the previously free/standard wheel for the Rubicon is now an $1,100 option, with the 4xe wheel now being the standard offering. And pretty much every option has gone up in price significantly over the past year. Other than the now standard Premium Audio group on the Rubicon and the new 1" flag sticker, nothing is really new or improved to warrant the higher cost (no 20th Anniv. edition badging, no i6T engine, no updated uConnect).

Might not sting as bad if we were actually getting the eventually mandatory safety groups thrown in as standard, but they're not even doing that (prices will certainly spike again when that happens). I know the cost of everything has gone up and most auto manufacturers have already raised their prices, but imo, Jeep's multiple price hikes on the Wrangler have been a bit excessive when compared to everyone else.
Especially when the quality/QA check is headed in the opposite direction.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

When people stop buying them, prices will come down.
Until then, Stellantis keeps raking in your $$.
Selling fewer vehicles / anything, for more money is much better for them .
Are you volunteering to take your money elsewhere? I'm not.

If they didn't have a product that people were willing to buy at the prices offered then they wouldn't sell them. The numbers prove that we're willing to buy them at those prices.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I've owned my Sahara Altitude for a year and I'm still in shock that LED headlights were a $1,100 option. On a ~$50K "luxury trim" vehicle.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...overall prices seem quite high. I’ll hang onto mine for a bit longer
A 2023 JLU Sport that is configured identically to my 2021 brings with it a $3K price increase. The 2022 build was $2.2K higher(!) than what I paid for mine, meaning the 2023's price bump was "just" $800.00. But for the now-standard 7" Uconnect replacing the 5" unit that was standard in 2021, nothing else is new, better or different on the 2022/3 builds.

A family member will soon be ordering a 2023 JLU Sport. I helped her configure the vehicle using the online build tool. Her required options are comparatively modest: Auto, four doors, hardtop, tinted glass, anti-spin diff. Her price shot up to $42K before we could blink.

It seems apparent that nothing will ever cost less than what it does at this moment in time...and that such moments are the very definition of ephemeral.

Buy now or forever hold your wallet. 😐

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I've owned my Sahara Altitude for a year and I'm still in shock that LED headlights were a $1,100 option. On a ~$50K "luxury trim" vehicle.
It sucks, but that's actually exactly how the luxury brands work. Granted Land Rover only charges $650 for them. Now if Jeep could just get the dealership experience to meet the expectations that their luxury pricing models are setting...

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
It sucks, but that's actually exactly how the luxury brands work. Granted Land Rover only charges $650 for them. Now if Jeep could just get the dealership experience to meet the expectations that their luxury pricing models are setting...
All the new Defenders have LED as a standard option with a premium LED variant (even on models much cheaper than some non-392 Wranglers). Hell, LED lighting is standard on many sub-$30k vehicles now, and imo, should be standard on all new vehicles, purely as an improvement to safety when driving at night, and they sure as shit shouldn't be a $1,000 option (couple hundred maybe) outside of the fancy new matrix/adaptive LEDs.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
All the new Defenders have LED as a standard option with a premium LED variant (even on models much cheaper than some non-392 Wranglers). Hell, LED lighting is standard on many sub-$30k vehicles now, and imo, should be standard on all new vehicles, purely as an improvement to safety when driving at night, and they sure as shit shouldn't be a $1,000 option (couple hundred maybe) outside of the fancy new matrix/adaptive LEDs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oy the prices! 1658789805555

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Ya, glad I didn't wait until '23 to build my JLR. Glad I ordered in April when I did.

And anyone thinking companies are going to give up this post-covid gouging is only fooling themselves. They aren't going to give up these sweet extra high profits.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Are you volunteering to take your money elsewhere? I'm not.

If they didn't have a product that people were willing to buy at the prices offered then they wouldn't sell them. The numbers prove that we're willing to buy them at those prices.
I bought my 2018 Sport 2 Dr, 2.0T etorque at a very good price. And intend to hang on to it. The Value was good then, inflation is shrinking the " value" part of just about any purchase. Keep on spending your $, someone has to.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I've priced out various new configurations also. I also will hold onto my 2019 JLR. I am a little jealous of the 4 door options though (XR package, powertrain). But even if those options were available for a 2 door, its price would be even higher.
Sponsored