amp power steps?

thanks

Sponsored

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Every time I go to a jeep meet someone with these has theirs malfunctioning. Either they don't drop, stay lowered, or make a terrible sound.

I'd say to just spend money on rock sliders that have a side step to them.

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Every time I go to a jeep meet someone with these has theirs malfunctioning. Either they don't drop, stay lowered, or make a terrible sound.

I'd say to just spend money on rock sliders that have a side step to them.
Thank you !! But my Jeep will not be Off-roading

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thank you !! But my Jeep will not be Off-roading
In that case, I'd go with AMP. I have AMP steps on my 2014 GMC pickup and they've been great. No service in 90,000 miles. I believe they are the best maker of that particular design.

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
I have RSE Step Sliders.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I looked at putting Rock Slide Engineering retractable steps on my JLUR. After finding out they have a combined weight of 300 lbs., I decided against it. I love their design, but that weight was just too much. I had already added 100 lbs of winch and a bumper that weighed about 20 lbs more than stock.

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
I was also researching this and was leaning toward AMP but their website only shows through 2019 application- and the CS rep said they had no plans to make the version for the 2020 (I believe there is some sort of wire change or wire color change). Ended going with Aries Actiontrac

Ah never mind- I see you have a 2019. Only downside I can see for AMP is the need to cut wires. Others use wiring to the battery then add sensors to door and frame.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was also researching this and was leaning toward AMP but their website only shows through 2019 application- and the CS rep said they had no plans to make the version for the 2020 (I believe there is some sort of wire change or wire color change). Ended going with Aries Actiontrac

Ah never mind- I see you have a 2019. Only downside I can see for AMP is the need to cut wires. Others use wiring to the battery then add sensors to door and frame.
I don't know about the Jeep applications, but my GMC has a ODB2 plug that is used for the trigger signal instead of tapping each door switch.

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
I don't know about the Jeep applications, but my GMC has a ODB2 plug that is used for the trigger signal instead of tapping each door switch.
Unfortunately they don’t offer that option for the Jeep application.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom

How do you like the Aries after all this time with them? Any issues or comments? I am trying to decide between the AMP XL’s, RSE’s and Aries retractable running boards.
Sponsored