Power steps?

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Looking at buying the rock slide engineering new version 3 steps for my JLU! How hard are they to install? Any tips that might make it easier?
Thanks
Sponsored

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Instruction are pretty good. The Gen 3’s have a new wiring harness and no longer have the brain box under the rear seat. Just take your time and zip tie the harness out of harms way where it goes from the pass side to the driver side. Removing the interior trim panels was the hardest part for me. Loosing the body bolts are always fun. I did have to file slightly one bolt to slide the bracket on. If you bought the optional rock slider protection, you may have to use a jack under the shield to get the rivet holes to align. That and a metal punch to align the holes will get the job done. I’m very happy with mine and have had great customer service from them.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Powder coat is good. We don’t have much salt on roads around here, so can’t tell about that. I’ve had no issues over 4 years with 2 different sets. If you scratch or slide over a rock with them, im sure they will rust where the metal is bare. I had a few small places from shipping and used some spray can undercoating and it’s held up well.

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Instruction are pretty good. The Gen 3’s have a new wiring harness and no longer have the brain box under the rear seat. Just take your time and zip tie the harness out of harms way where it goes from the pass side to the driver side. Removing the interior trim panels was the hardest part for me. Loosing the body bolts are always fun. I did have to file slightly one bolt to slide the bracket on. If you bought the optional rock slider protection, you may have to use a jack under the shield to get the rivet holes to align. That and a metal punch to align the holes will get the job done. I’m very happy with mine and have had great customer service from them.
Awesome detailed info thanks !!!

Sponsored

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

I just installed their gen 3 sliders today. They are very nice and very stout. I had to completely remove 5 of the 6 body mount bolts to file down so the washers would move. I did heat everyone of the body mount bolts because Ive heard horror stories of them breaking. It appeared to me that only the front two had red locktite applied to them from the factory so maybe those are the ones people are breaking. I got the optional light kit but did not get the extra skid plates. A buddy of mine has had them on his jk for years and has done the Rubicon, the dusy ershim, and alot of wheeling in sand hollow and his have held up great just some scratches.

Jeep Wrangler JL Power steps? download_20211224_123742~2

Jeep Wrangler JL Power steps? PXL_20211224_200812502.MP

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Looking at buying the rock slide engineering new version 3 steps for my JLU! How hard are they to install? Any tips that might make it easier?
Thanks
Installed mine over a couple weeks (had a bad passenger controller initially, had to remove/reinstall that side) but like them a lot. The body bolts are definitely tricky, I didn't have issues loosening mine (have done similar installs before) but the filing I had to do on the middle and rear bolts to get the washers up high enough to mount the supports was a nuisance here. Wiring is good, not a fan of the door jamb switch setup but they work. Customer support is awesome, great experience so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Power steps? IMG_0815D.JPG
Sponsored