Poop on 392

Status
Not open for further replies.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I usually don't comment on click bait videos, but I watched it.

Honestly, though I'm not a fan of the 392, I thought that this video was infantile and unsightly. It is like they felt dissed by Jeep, whining that they were not invited for the Safari/reveal, and claiming their transplanted V8 was better.

These people spend 2 years of their lives trying to get more power to their Wrangler, first with a Turbo, then with a Hemi. They had all sorts of problems, only a tiny bit they shared on camera. They were also without their Jeeps for weeks at a time with every change they made.

To pooh-pooh a factory/warrantied 470HP Hemi Jeep Wrangler made them look/sound like fools.

(again - I generally like their videos, and have no interest in the 392 - but this was an embarrassment)
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Lite Bright’s entire channel is premised on the fact that the girl is above average looking. That’s it.
Well, to be fair, they have gotten a ton of super cool toy vehicles in a Utah compound, got to ditch their jobs and live off videos of them playing with those vehicles. That is a pretty good gig/life right there.

If Britney could simple refrain from talking/interrupting so much, the channel would be even better. She should be seen, not heard - just saying.

LeD

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stin-gray Sport S
I enjoyed watching their videos from the beginning but as they started gaining momentum they also started becoming conceded idiots. If you ever dare disagree with them on the comments they will come after you, personally, and it's just absurd. "We don't get paid therefore we're unbiased" is usually their claim but when they switched to Bilstein, their sponsor, all of a sudden they were the greatest shocks in the history of the universe. Same thing when they switched to Nitto, again sponsor, all of a sudden Trail Grapplers were the absolute best. I don't have an issue about your products but the truth is that even if they dont actually pay you providing you products for free is the same thing, mind boggling that they don't understand that. So their opinion is irrelevant. Just like her "looks".

jkuhn1113

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JLWillys (2 door), YJ
Occupation
Missouri Army National Guard
I’ve watched them since they began with their Jeep. They seem like good people just trying to make it. From watching them I now have had my own JTR and now JLURD. I think when it comes to sponsorships they will naturally lean more towards them, but, atleast their sponsors aren’t actually selling bad products. And their opinions on wheeling, vehicles, or mods have some more value than most people on this forum just for the basic fact that they are able to be out doing it everyday unlike us “normal” people who have to work 9-5. Also I’m sure they aren’t sponsored by Ford. If they were they would have a Gt500 or something instead of a Supra or even the corvette they used to have. It’s great that they can get all these different brands and share their experiences without being biased. Let’s be real. American most wanted swaps are a legitimate consideration for people who want to buy a factory 392. Especially for those who already have wrapped up a lot of money into their current JL or JT.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Wow a new low for Lite Brite.

Drips with their resentment (not even subtle!) for not getting the invite, what a sense of entitlement. They believe they were owed it. Guess they showed Jeep who’s boss with this review!!

“I mean I guess if you’re poor and you can’t like afford a custom hemi swap, that’s like so much more amazing, then I guess like this might be okay, like, if you’re that kind of poor. But like I would never drive or be caught in one of these, like, unless I wanna like talk about awesome tuned turbo ford engines that might exist someday and will like be so much better.”

The discussion of the 8hp50 transmission, which does not exist in the 392. Hahah okay.

There’s a ton of reasons to call the 392 silly or not your cup of tea. But calling it that bc you didn’t get the invite, and bc you compare it to your influencer doge-coin funded turbo/blower/Cummins/Hemi/LS swap tuner parade , and then to an imagined Bronco engine. Well that’s just silly. It would be lol if it weren’t so arrogant and cheaply political.

I say all this and still admit - im pretty damn interested to see what the bronco is all about when I can. Love my fords. This isn’t about ford vs Mopar (for me). I hope the Bronco is honestly a threat. Probably means we’ll continue to see innovation and contest, what’s not to love.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
There’s a ton of reasons to call the 392 silly or not your cup of tea. But calling it that bc you didn’t get the invite, and bc you compare it to your influencer doge-coin funded turbo/blower/Cummins/Hemi/LS swap tuner parade , and then to an imagined Bronco engine. Well that’s just silly.
That is exactly right.

I'm not interested in the 392 given the price, weight and a few other items (gear/TC ratios, etc).

But I think the 392 is a phenomenal product. It is the best sounding factory off-roader, by a mile. It is an over the top Wrangler, and I'm amazed that Jeep brought it out.

Pooh-poohing a vehicle because you are but hurt that you did not get an invite and suggesting that throwing tens of thousands for uncertain aftermarket mods is better, made them sound bitter and small. I hope they delete that video. The channel otherwise is entertaining.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That is exactly right.

I'm not interested in the 392 given the price, weight and a few other items (gear/TC ratios, etc).

But I think the 392 is a phenomenal product. It is the best sounding factory off-roader, by a mile. It is an over the top Wrangler, and I'm amazed that Jeep brought it out.

Pooh-poohing a vehicle because you are but hurt that you did not get an invite and suggesting that throwing tens of thousands for uncertain aftermarket mods is better, made them sound bitter and small. I hope they delete that video. The channel otherwise is entertaining.
71K views in 24 hours + a very active forum threads linking to the video... that video isn't getting deleted any time soon.

Still nothing on their Bronco content though. Their test ride video in the Bronco is their most viewed video by a long shot, with 1.3M views. It's no wonder they've been so focused on it lately.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I care as much about the 392 as I care about that channel. Ill go back to wheeling my V6 sport while everyone brags about the loudest jeep and gets mad when some youtube girl bitches about it.

Theyre gonna geta Bronco and beat the shit out of it. That IFS is gonna crap out big time. I am getting popcorn.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Theyre gonna geta Bronco and beat the shit out of it. That IFS is gonna crap out big time. I am getting popcorn.
This is very true. They beat the living piss out of their jeep and wonder why it's had problems. It will be very interesting to see how long they can get the Bronco to last.

Sponsored

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
I have watched a fair number of LiteBrite videos myself. I get the sense that Brittany and Kevin are cooling down on Jeep/Ram and starting to head down the Bronco/Ford path.

Their most viewed video to date is them getting chauffeured in social media Bronco by a Ford rep. Kevin mentioned that he would never get that many views from a Jeep video. Probably true at the time of release because Jeep was delivering vehicles and Bronco was/is a mystery vehicle no-one but special Ford ambassadors had driven.

In another video, they dump on their Ram 3500 and celebrate the superiority of their brand new F450. I am not suggesting the Ford is a bad truck here. But that they were using the Ram as a toy hauler, it wasn't a dually and probably not best model for the kinds of loads they were pulling.

Now they are pooping on the 392.

Others have mentioned here. For a factory 392, you really can't beat the price, performance, and reliability/warranty Jeep offers.
Everything you said is on point and i liked it until you put reliability & Jeep in the same sentence lol
i love and owned both mopars and fords but ford is definitely always the reliable one.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Everything you said is on point and i liked it until you put reliability & Jeep in the same sentence lol
i love and owned both mopars and fords but ford is definitely always the reliable one.
I think it comes down to the model and a bit of luck.

I have friends that have owned multiple Jeep products, all with zero issues. I had a brand new Ford Edge that started to shutdown on the highway frequently and the driver door just stopped latching within a month of being out of warranty. It was terrible. But I went with Ford because my Explorer Sport was very reliable.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This thread would be more interesting if someone had literally gotten poop on their 392 and needed advice about how to get it off.

Lite Bright’s entire channel is premised on the fact that the girl is above average looking. That’s it.
I don’t see it at all. She’s average at most.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
I used to watch their videos when they first started. I've always been impressed by how hard they wheel and push the limit. they seem like they actually know what they're doing on the trail.

but as they picked up viewers (and then sponsors), they became completely biased by what pays them. I do find it laughable that they claim they aren't biased. they said they are 'paying' for their Bronco. I'm sure that's the case, but I also would guess they're getting a nice discount. even if they weren't though, they're biased by the fact that they are trying to create content people will watch. who is going to watch them continue to do the same thing with their Jeep for another 3 years?? not as many as would tune in to hear them talk about the new kid on the block being better.

as for this video, it's pretty pathetic that they are comparing a stock JL with their fully built aftermarket rig. but what's downright hilarious is that they then compare the stock Jeep to a hypothetically modified (tuned) Bronco. I say hilarious because these are the clowns that added a turbo to their Jeep and insisted that their shop 'did it right' and that it would be safe. that didn't last too long before they blew the motor and dropped in the 6.4.

nothing surprising about any of this - they are chasing the views that put money in their pockets. I have no problem with that. I just find it pathetic that they try to insist they aren't biased.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.