Sponsored

Poop on 392

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 68761

Not my words.... Just LiteBrites scoop, so don't kill the messenger.
Lite Brite just likes to feel important and special, which is why I never watch their junk videos...I'm not trying to help buy their house and see how they living...their videos just make me think, what a bunch of self centered narcissists, like who cares about lite Brite, stupid company name, in my opinion...

And secondly, if you need some dumb you tuber opinion to buy a jeep or not, then go shop for a different car brand, please! šŸ¤£
Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Itā€™s hilarious how all of these YouTube ā€˜influencerā€™ videos are all the same. Want to avoid clicking on a useless video? Look at the title screen. If it features a person (usually with an exaggerated facial expression, and/or girl), the object in the background, and titles that are too emphatic (e.g. ā€œBest Jeep ever?!ā€ And ā€œDonā€™t miss this!ā€ ) itā€™s probably bullshit.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
For example, five random results from a Jeep YouTube search:

Breaks the title rule twice. Too emphatic. Junk.

Eww. Junk.

Interesting - an actual product review. (Not my taste though)

Interesting - decent title, no person in title card.

Interesting - honest title, no person in title card.

Deleted member 68761

I have my own strong opinions, since I've owned jeeps from 2003 to present, probably longer than most you tubers, certainly before the you tube era existed! I sure didn't go to youtube and say should I buy the 2003 jeep rubicon? I have no opinions and can't make up my mind, please help me make an expensive important decision that I am uncapable of making on my own! šŸ˜†

They can laugh all the way to the bank, but I don't need Brite lites worthless opinions and advice on how to spend my own money lol, maybe other people do! šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
the video came across as "our feelings are hurt we werent invited to the 392 launch". i enjoy some of their content on youtube and i will see what they make of the bronco. i doubt we get unbiased opinions though.
šŸ˜‚This. šŸ‘†šŸ‘† Totally agree - they seemed like a couple of pouty, bratty kids who got upset they didnā€™t get invited to the 392 party after bashing their Ram when they bought their Ford and running Hells with Healy at EJS ā€”- and thinking Jeep owed them an invite. IF they were even on Jeepā€™s radar, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Jeep found out they were gonna run with Healy at EJS and just said ā€˜nopeā€™.

And, yeah, unlike TFL or TrailRecon, they come across as totally bias IMO. In the video they compare the 392 to their custom built rig with a 392 crate motor and a ā€œtunedā€ Bronco that hasnā€™t even been done yet ā€¦ It didnā€™t even make sense.

but, look, weā€™re all talking about it. šŸ˜… mission accomplished: theyā€™re getting their views.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
They laugh all the way to the bank.
This is 100% true. I had a client one time with a reasonably popular YouTube channel (around ~250k followers). He made about $30k... per month.

That's why I don't even click these video links. I don't like these folks and don't want to help them.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
This is 100% true. I had a client one time with a reasonably popular YouTube channel (around ~250k followers). He made about $30k... per month.

That's why I don't even click these video links. I don't like these folks and don't want to help them.
My brother has over 500K subs. His channel is completely demonetized. He does make a decent living through advertising indirectly on his channel and making appearances on other peoples channels.

I recently got back from a Vegas trip with many of his friends that are doing the same thing. Itā€™s crazy the money many of these people are making. Sometimes I think about whether I missed an opportunity, but Iā€™m going the traditional way. Building a Corp, hiring employees, giving benefits and 401Ks and building a culture/family.

Thereā€™s no doubt this is a major part of the economy and job/advertising platform forever.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
They seem salty and reaching when comparing.
And of course they'll get a ton of views for the Bronco. That will all fade too so they will be onto the next.

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
ITT, people who spent a shit ton of money so their Jeep can be a shitty sports car defending their decisions.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
ITT, people who spent a shit ton of money so their Jeep can be a shitty sports car defending their decisions.
Can you elaborate?

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I get what theyā€™re saying ā€” havenā€™t done the math yet on building how Iā€™d spec a 392 plus the cost of the motor swap from AMW or another shop axles etc. I donā€™t see the CVs as being a problem. Time will tell.

Tuning will solve both the lazy trans issue and seat factor in time.

Also from the factory comes with material resale value and a swap does not, even if I swap axles later.
They are under the impression you have to buy the dealer markup 392's starting at $90k as seen in their comments. Meanwhile others and myself are close to $20K less than that OTD.
There is no way you can build for less with all you get.

CV's should be more reliable, stronger, and smoother.

Kevin going on about the transmission just confirms he mostly doesn't know what he is talking about.
The 8HP75 trans is more capable than the 8HP50 by about 150%
The 8HP75 is entirely tunable with ease and is found on some pretty fast shifting cars such as Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, Aston Martin DB11, Aston Martin V8 Vantage (2019), Alpina B5 (G30/31), BMW 5 series (G30/G31/F90), BMW X5 M (F85), BMW X6 M (F86), BMW 7 Series (G11/12), BMW X5 (F15), BMW X3 30D (G01). You can slap the paddles for ridiculously fast and smooth shifts.

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I tried watching their videos in the past. Maybe because I'm an old guy I find her annoying. Her voice grates on me, she won't shut up and she's maybe a 5/10. Not worth it so I don't watch.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.